toggle cbox
members rules plot abilities faces canons wanteds who's who application shippers advertise cbox

welcome to tame the whispers! we are an animation personified roleplay set in new york city and its boroughs. an entity known as the void swept through the animated world of ioyipia, the world which had been home to all of of our well known and beloved characters. the void destroyed everything in its path, some escaped and others were killed, but all found themselves right here in new york city. their abilities, some latent while in their last lives, others well known, are beginning to surface and those characters who remember ioyipia and who they were are starting to notice strange things going on. has the void returned? is it coming for them all over again? find out! when registering, please do so as FIRST M. LAST in all uppercase. our site's rating is 3•3•3 and we always ask for quality over quantity. as always, if you have any questions, feel free to message a staff member!

Add Reply

Lost and Found?, Lucy/Spencer
Alice
twenty two
Dream Manipulation
florist
Bisexual
she/her

played by Adore39 posts • prefers she/her pronouns
You answer quite slowly A girl with kaleidoscope eyes
While there had been a lot in her life that she needed to get sorted out, Lucy always fell on the comfort of the general public. Today she’d picked Wise Espresso Bar to sit in front over in Brooklyn where she’d people watch- the best remedy when the blonde had been looking to reflect. From meeting Grey, a person that made her smile with just a thought, to the crazy concert and meeting that had come from seemingly no where and to her of all people at the concert, along with the conversation she had with Marcel a week or so prior to said crazy concert. Lucy needed to immerse herself into something that hadn’t been herself at the moment-- especially when she knew there had been another therapy session coming up in the next couple of days. Oh how she hated them but again, that was another battle she’d have to fight another time.

In the meantime! Lucy had been fully intent on watching those around her, trying to imagine scenarios going on in other people’s lives based on how they looked. This would all take place over a nice cup of tea and a chocolate filled croissant baked fresh with the scent of flowers wafting through the air. All pleasant aromas that aided in making the girl feel much better in a pinch. Quite the pro at people watching, Lucy has been able to tell apart who had been a local of New York and who had been a tourist coming to check out the wild jungle of steel and concrete, sky scrapers and yellow taxi’s that littered the streets and the cornucopia of shops spread all around the varying boroughs.

While there had been a good portion of people who seemed to look a little lost, they always found ways to figure out what they had been looking for either through the devices in their hands, or people around them that had been kind enough to offer their help...for a price. Usually this had been followed by the back story they’re just trying to feed their kid back home. That’s generally people looking to hustle those naive enough to pull out their wallets and fork over the cash. Not saying that’s how everyone is in New York but...this city isn’t afraid to work people. It has a personality of it’s own, after all.

Picking her chocolate filled croissant apart nice and slow, taking her time to enjoy it between sips of tea- Lucy had been sitting back in her chair where her posture had been one of relaxation. At least, she had been until she sat up, a particular person catching her eye that seemed bewildered and seemingly sight seeing in a way she’d never observed before. Someone must have left the starter on on the stove because with the spark ignited, Lucy had whistled at the person as if she’d been hailing a cab. Her interest had been piqued, sue her, and in all the essence that made up who she was-- you’re damn right she was going to find out all about him that she could. Talking and learning people had been something Lucy loved to do and it wasn’t something she was ever going to stop either. ”Find anything interesting?” The blonde called out, waving him on over to join her at the cafe table just outside the restaurant. Honestly, he looked shifty and up to no good, but there had been a child like innocence to him that reminded Lucy a lot like herself. ”Come sit, let’s talk. I’m Lucy, you look new to the area. Though I know that’s not your name, so....you’re?”
words: 611 tags; SPENCER J. ZERDA
Slightly
twenty five
Phantom Thievery
Con Artist
he/him

played by moni25 posts • prefers she/her pronouns

till it happens to you

Of course he’d been up to no good. That was typically how every day of his went. It was hardwired into him. A necessity to survive. If he didn’t steal from someone then there was no money. No money meant no food in his belly. The other bills for his phone and the crappy apartment also had to be paid but that was easier to work around. Spencer could hack into accounts and forge documents if needed. It took time, but he could. It was just easier to rob money off a person, though. Hanging out on the street was only part of getting that done. Spencer had to observe and get to know his surroundings. The city was massive and it was proving a lot harder than he had previously thought. Not that he’d ever admit that he was struggling. Nope.

The whistle had caught his attention merely because of how loud it had been. Louder than the girl had probably thought, given the fact that his hearing was keener than the normal human. Spencer’s head tilted, expecting to see someone waving down a taxi. But no, that wasn’t the case. Instead he found a blonde woman sitting at a café table not too far away. For some reason she was waving at him. He glanced around, trying to see if anyone else was around that might have been the focus of her attention. Everyone else was still walking, passing by without notice. Returning his attention to the woman, he found her still waving and beckoning him over. What in the world? ”Wot?” he asked back, confused by her question. How long had she been watching him to know that he was looking for something? It was sort of odd, wasn’t it?

Spencer slowly approached her, wondering whether or not it was a good idea. Probably not. ”Talk? About what?” She was certainly a curious one, wasn’t she? Maybe a bit took trusting too since she was inviting a total stranger to sit with her. It was out in public sight though. She clearly felt safe, and comfortable. Like a skeptical cat, he slowly slid into the chair across from her and listened to her introduction. ”Look new? Okay, I can’t even argue that because the accent will just give it away anyways,” he sighed out. No use in arguing when his thick British accent just screamed that he was from another country. Plus he had been aimlessly wandering and watching people. She – Lucy – probably had a point.

”Names Spencer,” he conceded and held his hand out to her. ”Do you always sit at cafes and people watch or am I just a special case?” He asked, laughing softly. ”I just moved here a few weeks ago. It’s a big city. I’m still trying to find my footing here. It’s much different than London..” He glanced back out towards the street, watching as people passed by. ”Did you grow up here?” Maybe he could use this to his advantage somehow? Spencer glanced back over a few seconds later, making sure she knew she had his full attention. It was the least he could do since she had invited him over, right? He may be a lot of things but he tried not to be rude if it could be helped.

LUCY A. LIDDELL

Alice
twenty two
Dream Manipulation
florist
Bisexual
she/her

Spencer’s clearly confused expression had given Lucy a nice little laugh, but that had been the theme when she tended to badger the general public for seemingly no reason at all. It wasn’t everyday that she’d call a total stranger to come on over and sit with her, but Lucy felt it was better than clogging a New York side walk. That’s just asking to be trampled as the people of the city, tourists included simply do not care if you’re standing there. A New York Minute is precious and if people have somewhere to go– which in this city they most absolutely do– they hath no fear in trampling over a person to make sure they’re there on time. Even if it’s for leisurely pleasures. While this person she had called over had been tall, Lucy had very much been safe as she was out in the public, has already ordered and there had been plenty of camera’s around should anything funny try to get pulled over on her. There had been nothing to worry about and if the call of duty should arise, Lucy has a set of pipes and knows how to screech and make a scene. If anyone who should fear for their safety…it should be Spencer.

There’s not much he could do anyway, with his wiry frame. Perhaps he’d be a scrappy person in the midst of things but he didn’t come off as threatening at all. Perhaps mysterious and shifty but above all things– like a doe trapped in headlights, squinting to shield his eyes or possibly sharpen his vision– he looked down right lost. ”The accent certainly does give you away,” Lucy said in agreement as she grinned, leaning back in her chair in the slightest. ”As for myself, Spencer, I happen to people watch often. You can learn a lot about someone just by watching. Not to make you feel not so special or anything.” Shaking her head as she watched him laugh, Spencer clearly must have amused himself with whatever was going through his head. ”New York will definitely swallow you up if you can’t prove yourself to the streets, not everyone is willing to help you but there are a small few who will. Watch out for those people though because a lot of them are just looking to see who they can push over into tipping them for their services.”

Leaning forward to feign mild interest, Lucy wore a smug grin. ”So uh, how much do you have in your wallet?” Absolutely joking of course, the blonde shook her head where she waved it off. ”I’m kidding, but I am serious about people who’ll peddle you for money for something that should just be done out of courtesy.” With a gentle shy and a roll of her shoulders as her hands smoothed over her knees a moment, Lucy nodded her head. ”Yup, born and raised. My folks were from upstate, at least when I was born that’s where they were. But now, I reside here in Brooklyn. What about you Spencer, where about do you live?”
words: 517 tags; SPENCER J. ZERDA
Slightly
twenty five
Phantom Thievery
Con Artist
he/him

played by moni25 posts • prefers she/her pronouns

till it happens to you

Lucy was certainly an interesting person, he decided. Perhaps too observant for her own good though. He'd have to be more careful and definitely pay attention to what he said around her. She was sharp. If he wasn't careful she would pick up on things about him that he'd rather her not. Not that it was a huge deal - as long as she wasn't in law enforcement or anything of the sort. Chances were that they would never cross paths again. Perhaps he was reading a little too far into it already, but it was always better safer than sorry. He nodded his head at her words, agreeing entirely. They were entirely the truth. "I enjoy people watching too," he said with a smirk. It was how he made a living.

"I'm no stranger to the different types of people on the streets," he told her with another laugh. He was one of those people. Having grown up working poor unsuspecting people out of their money he knew exactly what to look for. Lucy was just trying to help a stranger out and he could appreciate that even if it made her look a little naive since she was talking to one of those people she was trying to warn him about. "But thanks for the heads up. I'll keep that in mind." New York was no different than London, he was finding. The same types of people wandered the streets it just felt faster paced in New York. There was certainly more people on the streets here too which was a good thing in his eyes.

A scoff escaped the blonde when she jokingly asked how much was in his wallet. Not much, honestly. "I wouldn't be worth robbing," he answered her. There was small pocket change and that was it. "But good luck to anyone that tries to." Pickpocketing Spencer was a challenge in itself. The Lost Boys had tried, countless times. They'd even made a game out of it but none of them had ever beaten him. His reflexes and intution were too superior to theirs. Spencer leaned back in his chair and folded his arms over his chest. Since it seemed he'd be here for a conversation he figured he might as well get comfortable. "Staten Island, currently." In a shitty little apartment with little belongings. He would find his footing, eventually. That hope was the only thing left he had to keep him going. "This is my first time out over this way. Coney Island..it looks like a really interesting place. Weird name, though."

LUCY A. LIDDELL

Alice
twenty two
Dream Manipulation
florist
Bisexual
she/her

Lucy listened to everything Spencer had to say, watching him with a close eye as she smiled. People wrote her off a lot, something that bothered Lucy but in the end only came back to bite them in the ass. Being a watchful person that she is, the blonde notices a lot. Perhaps too much. Whatever she didn't come to learn by watching, Lucy certainly learned through listening to what was being said to her--naturally. She had a knack for reading between the lines-- her gut instinct was usually never wrong, either. Just by listening to Spencer she had a good idea of what his game was but she was not going to call him out on anything. There was no reason to, at least not yet and if anyone knew better that everyone was innocent until proven guilty best it was certainly Lucy.

"Seems that you and myself are very alike in that aspect, Spence." Nodding her head with a little look of approval, Lucy was quickly back to grinning where her soft blue eyes danced all over Spencer's features again really taking him in. "You think so? She asked, tilting her head in the slightest where she pursed her lips curiously. "No offense or anything, but you don't look all that intimidating. Perhaps quite tall but you don't pose of any threat to me. Not that I'm judging your abilities or what have you, I'm just saying based off my own observation." Which got Lucy thinking about her words where she soon adjusted herself in her seat. "Though I suppose that could be something you have going for yourself. Misdirection and all that, make people believe one thing based on the cover but the story inside vastly different. Like false advertisement,"

More so babbling to herself and speaking at Spencer by this point, the blonde soon reeled her thoughts back in where she once again made eye contact with the person sitting at her table. "I suppose it is a weird name, no one really knows exactly how this place got its name either. There's a few theories, but that's neither here nor there these days. What do you think about it so far other than the weird name?" Always having to pick people's brains, Lucy couldn't help her curious nature. She had to know things, and she had to know people-- it's just what she does and well...Spencer was certainly not immune to this, either.
words: 408 tags; SPENCER J. ZERDA
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply

skinned exclusively for TTW by lauz.