toggle cbox
members rules plot abilities faces canons wanteds who's who application shippers advertise cbox

welcome to tame the whispers! we are a disney spirit roleplay set in a parallel universe in new york city and its boroughs. please make sure to read our rules, plot, and all other pertinent information before you consider joining. when registering, please do so as FIRST M. LAST in all uppercase. our site's rating is 3•3•3 and we always ask for quality over quantity. if you have any questions, feel free to message a staff member!

Add Reply

What I Like About You, Tag: Paige
ERIS
THIRTY-TWO
TBA
Strip Club Owner & Drug Dealer
Bisexual
HE/HIM

played by AYODELE12 posts • prefers SHE/HER pronouns
make yourself at home
Marcus was bored. He'd agreed to meet with a new supplier in his office at a quarter to eleven; this one was selling pink cocaine for $10,000 a pound. "You cut this with chalk and vitamin b." he spoke over the advertising pitch the moment he heard the words '100% pure'. Unless you belonged to the cartel and milled around a Colombian warehouse while this shit was being packaged, it wasn't pure. "Six grand," he countered, which was low but he took off a couple thousand for the inconvenience of being lied to by someone who wasn't very good at it. He didn't like that: there was shouting and the flash of a .38. He swore that if Marcus wasn't going to take him seriously, he'd take his product to someone else. "Fine, let's sample it first," he suggested, picking up his knife from the edge of the table - steel, a little under seven inches.

And before the supplier could withdraw his grubby fingers from the bag, Marcus jammed the blade through the back of his hand and the plastic. And then there was the bleeding and the screaming and the squirming. Marcus left the mess for his staff; he didn't do 'clean up'.

He did not get off on hurting mortals- well, not on the pain itself, but sometimes it entertained him. That put him in a good mood. As he stepped out of his office and into the showroom where the music drowned out the screams of his would-be supplier, he scanned the satellite stages for her. Paige Udinov was the best dancer he had, one of his top earners every night she performed, and he never grew bored of watching her. He liked her. She mesmerized him when she was on stage and when she wasn't, she reminded him of someone he used to know.

But it was years ago, back when he was still a god. He found her on the wrap-around island stage in the middle of the club and walked a crescent around the eager men (sometimes it was men and women) all but salivating at the sight of her. He only looked away from her once he reached the bouncer, who unhooked the 'VIP' stanchion rope for him. He took the last unused chair in her VIP section, sitting down next to the stage to watch her finish. And once she did, he unrolled a fifty dollar bill from the clip in his back pocket and held it up for her attention (and to signal to her customers that she was going to be busy - with him). "I have a business proposition for you," he said to her in greeting.

paige. 450 words. putting the fun in dysfunctional.

TEEJAY
SINBAD
TWENTY SIX
SUBLIMINAL SEDUCTION
EXOTIC DANCER
PANSEXUAL
SHE/HER

played by TEEJAY4 posts • prefers SHE/HER pronouns
low on self-esteem
so you run on
gasoline
Another night meant another load of bills stuffed into certain places by her patrons. Not that Paige was complaining because this job was the reason she rented a decent apartment and could afford certain vices. It was easy to make men think they’d fallen in love with you. They were easy to seduce, easy to manipulate. Women were a bit more complicated. They liked to believe in things like love and romanticism. Paige never really had a problem giving them such fanciful thoughts but she wasn’t nearly as well practiced in that when most of her clientele were men. They enjoyed nothing more than a tease which is why they frequented strip clubs. It was the thrill of chasing something you could never catch. Paige had never slept with one of the men who came to watch her dance. It was her own rule because she didn’t want their affections, she wanted their cash. Besides, the last thing she wanted was to have someone trailing after her like a sad puppy. That wasn’t ideal in the least. It was far more entertaining to watch them lose their minds for an hour or two and leave disappointed they weren’t going to get lucky. Granted, it was disgusting how many of these men had wedding bands on their ring fingers who were clearly unhappy with their home lives. So much for actual effort.

Paige was also not naive to the things that went on behind the scenes of this place. Tartarus, on the outside, looked and ran like your average strip joint though it was one of the more popular ones. The squeaky clean appearance only hid the fact that drug deals went down behind the scenes all the time. Marcus was ambitious to say the least but in the time Paige had worked here, nearly a year, she had come to the conclusion that he just liked chaos. If something bad was happening then he found it amusing. Sometimes, Paige found him to be mildly frightening but it thrilled her at the same time. Danger was something she didn’t go out of her way to look for but she didn’t shy away from it either. Marcus was dangerous and she liked the rush it gave her whenever he paid attention to her. Truth be told, if she didn’t have her handy little ability to seduce people he might not have looked twice at her. It wasn’t as though she stood out among the other women who worked here, all beautiful and enticing. She only became a favorite quickly because of her power. Cheating? Probably but a girl had to eat.

But occasionally, Marcus came to her with what he liked to call ‘business deals’ and Paige quickly learned that he would reimburse her well for it even if the jobs were sometimes sticky. That was usually the only time he came to truly watch her so she wasn’t surprised that as she finished her set, he was there with a $50.00 bill in hand to proposition her. Paige bit back the inward groan that threatened to make it’s way past her lips and watched as her customers cleared out. Most of them frequented this place enough to know when the boss showed up, they left. Paige gathered the top of her outfit and put it back on before leaving the stage. ”Shocking,” she retorted with a grin. She plucked the money out of his hand and added it to the stack of cash she had collected from this routine and took a seat next to Marcus.

”This better not be another private show for your greasy business partners, Marcus, and if it is then you best pay double what you did last time,” Paige stated, narrowing heavily lined eyes. She wasn’t playing about that. What she’d made extra hadn’t been worth someone trying to slip their fingers between her legs. There was a lot she would do but even she had to draw the line sometimes. Sleeping with and allowing dirty drug dealers to touch her was one of them. Maybe that seemed a bit contradictory considering her chosen career but she didn’t care. Paige had dealt with way too many men who thought her body was a free for all to put up with it from Marcus’ business partners.

MARCUS V. WOLFE
ERIS
THIRTY-TWO
TBA
Strip Club Owner & Drug Dealer
Bisexual
HE/HIM

played by AYODELE12 posts • prefers SHE/HER pronouns
make yourself at home
'Shocking', she said. "Am I getting predictable?" he replied good-naturedly, signaling a nearby waitress with one hand. He couldn't think of a worse insult - he had come to realize that he had to play by some rules to acquire power in the mortal world - but he would hate to become dependable. He smiled widely at her, amused by the ultimatum and the hard look in her eyes which told him she meant it. He liked that about her - it required a sort of confidence, in the knowledge that she could get away with talking to him like that because... hell, if he was going to fire her for her attitude he would've done it before now.

"You know it turns me on when you extort me for money," among other things. She always turned him on and if he'd cared to explore why that was (he lost interest within weeks, if not days, most of the time), he would have looked into it further. But he was more intrigued than annoyed by his own fixation, so he let it go (instead of letting her go).

Before he could continue - less flirting, more getting to the point - the waitress reappeared with two shots of whiskey. They were both for him (he'd developed a taste for Jameson) but he slid one across the table to her. "Do you drink whiskey?" he realized he didn't know, and he was making conversation until the waitress was out of earshot again. "This is not about you giving a private show to my... partners, greasy-haired or not," only one of them that he could recall had that specific hygiene issue, but it did annoy him to see his associates mistake Paige for something she was not. She was not a prostitute, this was not a brothel, and even if she was it would still be her choice. "Although I might want one later," but not until security removed the supplier from his office.

"I've come into some new product," he'd decided to keep the pound of coke, and sell it for the marked up price. He knew it wasn't "pure" but most addicts didn't (or they didn't give a shit), "Marketing it to professionals," lawyers, doctors, the ones with something to lose, and most of the people who worked for him couldn't handle that (amateurs, you know, not nearly as charismatic - and with none of her untapped potential), "I think you could sell it for me in a month, and you'd be making twice what you make in a month here. You have my word." And he supposed there was a risk in owning up to - even obliquely - his side business, but he was not concerned about Paige. She was clever; she had to know that most of his income was not related to the club. "Are you interested?" he asked her, "I would make it worth your while."

paige. 491 words. putting the fun in dysfunctional.

TEEJAY
SINBAD
TWENTY SIX
SUBLIMINAL SEDUCTION
EXOTIC DANCER
PANSEXUAL
SHE/HER

played by TEEJAY4 posts • prefers SHE/HER pronouns
low on self-esteem
so you run on
gasoline
Disappointment caused her shoulders to slump slightly. Of course that’s what he wanted, for her to peddle his drugs like she was some sort of minion. It wasn’t enough that she entertained the people who came into his club. Marcus wanted to complicate her life even more. It was risky selling drugs and on top of that she had never done it before. Though Paige knew that she would be paid handsomely for it she had to weigh the pros and cons. Sure, she might make a lot of money by selling it for him but she almost might get caught. So far, despite all of her nuances, Paige had been careful not to end up in jail. When she had first struck out on her own as a teenager, Paige had learned the fine art of pickpocketing people when she was broke just so she could afford a meal. More than once she’d used someone else’s credit card before dumping it down a storm drain. It wasn’t like they were going to catch up with her. Though she hadn’t been that kid in a long time. Working at Tartarus meant she didn’t need to steal when all she had to do to earn money was entertain some horny men. Crime was a bit out of her element as of late and she was hesitant to say yes.

Though Paige also knew if she said no then she might fall out of Marcus’ favor and that was something she really didn’t want to do. Not that she knew why it mattered at all. Only that he treated her differently than the other women who worked for him. He paid more attention to her and she liked it. He said he would make it worth her while and that piqued her interest more than anything. She raised a brow and a smirk slid across her features. Paige crossed her legs and rested her elbow on her thigh. She then rested her chin in her palm and the grin remained ever present on her lips. ”How exactly do you plan to make it worth my while?” she asked. ”What you’re asking me to do is out of my scope. Not to mention dangerous. What are you planning to do if I get caught or end up in jail?” They were all valid questions as far as she was concerned.

Paige grew serious a moment later and stood from the chair she’d been perched on. When she was anxious she tended to pace. She had since she was young, starting after her parents had died. It was something which had remained a habit of hers since then. ”Why me?” Another valid question. There were plenty of women that worked here, all of whom he could ask and would probably say yes. If they didn’t know their boss ran an entirely different business behind the scenes than it was either willful ignorance or naivete. Paige came to lean against the bannister separating the VIP section from the rest of the floor. She faced Marcus and her hands moved along the top of the bannister so she could support herself further as she waited for an answer.

MARCUS V. WOLFE
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply

skinned exclusively for TTW by lauz.