toggle cbox
members rules plot abilities faces canons wanteds who's who application shippers advertise cbox

welcome to tame the whispers! we are an animation personified roleplay set in new york city and its boroughs. an entity known as the void swept through the animated world of ioyipia, the world which had been home to all of of our well known and beloved characters. the void destroyed everything in its path, some escaped and others were killed, but all found themselves right here in new york city. their abilities, some latent while in their last lives, others well known, are beginning to surface and those characters who remember ioyipia and who they were are starting to notice strange things going on. has the void returned? is it coming for them all over again? find out! when registering, please do so as FIRST M. LAST in all uppercase. our site's rating is 3•3•3 and we always ask for quality over quantity. as always, if you have any questions, feel free to message a staff member!

Add Reply
New Poll

The Stuff of Legends, eldoy
The Tramp
Twenty-eight
Canine Senses
Bartender
Bisexual
He/him/his

played by Dot18 posts • prefers She/her/hers pronouns
saint
CAUSE I KNOW I'M A SINNER
BUT I COULD BE A SAINT IN YOUR HEAD
Though he highly doubted that Tramp's would get too much traffic tonight given this fine, grand event, he had left the night's work in the charge of a few of his staff that didn't care to come out. Such flash and glamour wasn't everyone's cup of tea, after all, and Lyall didn't mind that one bit. It may have struck many as unlikely that he would be so ready to attend such a black tie affair, but, quite to the contrary, Lyall had definitely made sure his schedule was free just so that he could attend. Of course, he hadn't exactly received an invite, since his wealth was of the less-clean and not-so-public kind, but security had let him right on through. The more people around, the more people there were to bid later, he supposed was their theory.

Of course, he wasn't going to complaining, either. He was actually considering checking out the auction, after all. Him actually spending any of his money, however, would all depend on what they had. He wasn't here to crash the party, but he wasn't going to grit his teeth and fake smile his way through the night, either. He had his limits and lines just like everyone else.

Waltzing calmly into the fray of the crowd, he passed a few polite smiles and gentlemanly bows around, but things would look even better when he had a drink in his hand. Sure, the night was still young, but why not?! It was brimming with possibilities! That was, of course, part of the draw of the whole event.

He plucked a glass off of the tray of a passing waiter with a brief smile to said waiter, taking a sip and glancing through the crowd over its rim. The mix of lovely aromas in the air ranged from promises of delightful culinary experiences to a battering array of perfumes and colognes from the shuffling party-goers and the scene was alive with the promised live music.

Now, with a little drink in his hand, a slightly devilish smile tugged the corner of Ly's smile up. Where would the first adventure of the night be? A lovely, tantalizing question, indeed! Surely, most of the crowd would have their own partners they came with in the first place, but a little dancing, some food, maybe a bit of spending in the name of charity later...

Sounded like a good night to him.

Tinkerbell
Twenty Five
Shrinkage
Hair Stylist
Pansexual
She/Her

played by Zee34 posts • prefers She/Her pronouns
oops...
LYALL L. FREEMAN   •   that's not what shoes are for, El.
Galas. Balls. Parties. All three of them had two things in common: dressing nicely and wonderfully easy targets. Elody always managed to find a way into the nicer events. This one had been pathetically easy to get into. Everyone was invited, practically. That made the exclusivity of the event lower substantially, but that didn't mean the more affluent people of society wouldn't be attending. Elody mightn't know much about the business world of Manhattan, but she knew enough to understand that no one turned down an invitation to an Epsilon International event. Thus, Elody knew there would be plenty of opportunities for her to get her hands on something shiny for the evening; something that would maybe keep her fed for a while. And perhaps buy her a nice dress. Seeing as the one she currently wore was one she'd lifted from a designer show she'd been styling hair for.

It was simple. Green. A bit too puffy for her taste, as if she were wearing a tutu. She wouldn't have ever put herself in this color, she felt it made her look like a wood nymph and she wasn't for that. But it had been easy to pilfer and it fit her perfectly, so she didn't complain about it. The mask she'd chosen didn't really help the whole wood nymph image, but she hadn't realized it until after she'd put it to her face and by then it was too late. The vine design that looped around the emerald gem at the center, brought attention to her eyes, and it was light enough to wear without sweating off her makeup. It had been a very practical choice. Some girls said beauty was pain, but Elody preached that practicality was key. Especially when you weren't at the party for pleasure, but rather to steal from those who took for granted what they had.

Elody gently tossed her hair back over her shoulder before lifting the champagne flute to her lips, looking around easily at the party goers. They were milling about without a care in the world, laughing, dancing, talking. She studied them, took note of the jewelry, of the expensive clothing. There was no sense of longing to belong to this world - the Upper East Side could be dangerous - but there was a longing to be able to frivolously throw about money for a single event. She would bet her entire paycheck from today's appointment that the women here went out and purchased these designer dresses just for tonight and only for tonight.

The last of her champagne disappeared and she deposited the empty one onto the tray of a passing cater waiter. She moved from her spot then, mixing into the fray of party goers, dancing and laughing and enjoying themselves. Once she found a mark, it would be easier for her to enjoy herself, too. For now, another glass of champagne. She grabbed one, bobbed around another person, and was about to lift her glass to her lips to sip when someone bolted right into her, knocking her sideways, causing her to trip over her heels. Her champagne sloshed down the front of her stolen dress, cold on her chest. The person kept walking didn't even pause and Elody had half a mind to take off her five inch heel and throw it at his head. Actually, that was exactly what she was going to do. Elody lifted her foot and undid the strap. It came off easily enough, left her hand easily enough, too, but unfortunately it missed her target and ended up hitting someone else entirely.

danke!
The Tramp
Twenty-eight
Canine Senses
Bartender
Bisexual
He/him/his

played by Dot18 posts • prefers She/her/hers pronouns
saint
CAUSE I KNOW I'M A SINNER
BUT I COULD BE A SAINT IN YOUR HEAD
Many things could have happened. He could've probably somewhat easily choked on his champagne, he could've spit it out, he could've stumbled with the blow and nearly sloshed his own drink on someone else or actually do just that...

But all of those were highly unclassy things to do and it was, somewhat unfortunately, maybe, not the first time Lyall had been hit with a flying heeled shoe thrown by a woman. Or otherwise. The point was it was not the first time he had been hit by a shoe because he had pissed someone off - man, woman, didn't matter.

His champagne nearly went spat back into his glass, but he avoided such behavior at the last second, quickly swallowed, and turned to search for the pitcher with a slight frown and crooked brow. And it seemed to belong to comparatively shorter blonde in a green get-up. He glanced at his watch. "I've barely been here five minutes!" he muttered in annoyance.

He didn't recognize her. Then again, arguably, that was why he had plenty of shoes thrown at him...

He stooped to collect the shoe and picked his way past a small group to offer it back to the woman. "Before anything else is said, I probably deserved that." He narrowed his eyes in thought and, after a brief moment, gave a slight shrug. He didn't particularly know what for when it came to this blonde... There had probably been plenty of blondes...

Okay, there had been, but not recently? He didn't think..?

"Please don't tell me I've managed to wrong someone without being here the whole of five minutes or even I'll be disappointed." What was the point in coming out if you were just going to be thrown out by the time you got your foot in the door? Way too much effort and not enough payback, that was.

Well! He threw on a charming, winning smile, "Lyall Freeman; I'd shake your hand, but between this fine heel and the drink, they're a little preoccupied." If nothing else, he could probably talk himself out enough time to make a smoother get away. If he was leaving he was walking himself out the door, thank you all very much!

Tinkerbell
Twenty Five
Shrinkage
Hair Stylist
Pansexual
She/Her

played by Zee34 posts • prefers She/Her pronouns
oops...
@[LYALL F. FREEMAN]   •   that's not what shoes are for, El.
Elody was resigned to losing that heel. She really was. It was an expensive shoe, even if she had nicked them, and she wasn't looking forward to losing it, but she'd resigned herself to the fact that she was in. It had only taken her ten seconds to do so, as well. She supposed that came from always losing something regardless of how much she tried to keep ahold of it. Everything seemed to slip through her grip. It hardened the heart after a while. So yes, Elody had no delusions that she'd get that shoe back unless it was thrown right back at her. That was actually a likely possibility, too. Most people didn't take well to getting hit with a random flying shoe very well. She sure as hell wouldn't.

Alas, her shoe did not get thrown back at her, though the poor bystander did approach her and offer her the shoe back. Elody stared at him, listening, and then slowly arched her eyebrow in his direction. She was off kilter, standing in one heel and standing flat on her other foot. It was a weird pressure on her knee, but she didn't show any kind of discomfort - nor did she take the shoe from him. It was interesting to hear him speak, almost a ramble but not quite because it did have point to it. Most people when they rambled didn't have a point, so it couldn't really be considered rambling at that point. Just speaking. A lot. As he was doing up until he was finished with her shoe extended.

Elody reached out and took the shoe. She lifted her foot gracefully and slipped it back on, refastening the strap without a problem or misstep. "I didn't intend on hitting you with the heel. I just have miserable aim, apparently. I meant to hit that idiot," she nodded toward the actual perpetrator, "who spilled my champagne down the entirety of my dress." With that, Elody took his champagne from him without saying anything and she took a sip of it. She had always been the mindset of 'I like it, I want it, I take it' and that was exactly what she'd just done with the champagne that belonged to Lyall and not her. "I'm Elody," she said without acknowledging the thievery of his drink.

danke!
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skinned exclusively for TTW by lauz.