toggle cbox
members rules plot abilities faces canons wanteds who's who application shippers advertise cbox

welcome to tame the whispers! we are an animation personified roleplay set in new york city and its boroughs. an entity known as the void swept through the animated world of ioyipia, the world which had been home to all of of our well known and beloved characters. the void destroyed everything in its path, some escaped and others were killed, but all found themselves right here in new york city. their abilities, some latent while in their last lives, others well known, are beginning to surface and those characters who remember ioyipia and who they were are starting to notice strange things going on. has the void returned? is it coming for them all over again? find out! when registering, please do so as FIRST M. LAST in all uppercase. our site's rating is 3•3•3 and we always ask for quality over quantity. as always, if you have any questions, feel free to message a staff member!

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply

how dotastic!, dot plots some things!
Sleep
Seventeen
Doing Things
Fangirling
Asexual
She/her/hers

played by Dot32 posts • prefers She/her/hers pronouns
theodor drake

27. adoptions counselor. toothless.

c
loser to seven feet tall than he is six, Theo was adopted into the Drake family while he was still young and has more or less always preferred the company of animals over other people. He's always been rather reserved and more a man of few words than anything else, honestly to the point that some have steered clear of him for it and his reputation in school years of throwing a good punch when it came to the defense of those he cared about and himself. While the Drakes became his family, Theo has always struggled with a sense of belonging, even in his own skin and the recent discovery of his wings and the increasingly vivid dreams of a dragon, black as night, with his wings hasn't been helping. He spends a lot of his time working at the shelter with his mother, taking care of the animals and working with individuals and families interested in adopting to find their purrfect new friend.
Theo is most commonly found with his nose buried in work at Tails for Tomorrow, the shelter where he works. He's far more comfortable talking about the animals than he is himself and he's a little easier to crack out of his shell there. Theo has also become a bit of late night roamer when he can't fall back asleep after his dreams or has a hard time falling asleep because of them. He lives in Brooklyn with his mother.

FRIENDS // Theo is typically reserved, somewhat shy, and not really talkative. He's rather socially awkward at the best of times until he starts warming up to someone and even then, it can be a bit... different for him. He's not used to having a lot of friends and honestly is still just a bit surprised when people actually take a shining to him in shorter amounts of time. He's used to being the outcast, the odd one out... He's heard most of the rumors that have ever been out there about him and, while he doesn't particularly care about them, he doesn't usually go out of his way to make new connections - unless, of course, it's for the sake of the rescued souls at the shelter. Nothing will get Theo to open up quicker and light up like the sunrise on the horizon than animals. He adores them and he relates closely to the stories of rescued animals because he's a bit of a rescue himself, isn't it? That being said, he's also at least willing to give anyone who initiates a conversation with him a chance. He isn't really of the disposition or habit to question why people are the way they are or do the things they do. Everyone's an individual and he's usually content to leave it at that. He's got enough problems trying to figure himself out, after all, let alone other people.

ENEMIES // Theo doesn't exactly keep a whole lot of enemies. He does kinda have a resting face that might make some think he may or may not hate everyone in the room, which also may or may not be entirely true, but usually "hate" is a strong word for him. Most of his antagonistic ties come out of protectiveness and defensiveness. If you don't play with the snake, the snake's likely to let you be. Such is the way of Theo. He earned some of his reputation because he's not afraid to throw a fist in defense of those he cares about. Since it's such a small, tight-knit group, he takes it very seriously and you will have to go through him before you can touch them again if he has his way about things.

LOVERS // Theo is right next to utterly oblivious about romantic affections and he's never had a first anything. Yet. No kiss, no date, no girlfriend or boyfriend, no nothing. Since he isn't exactly the keenest at making friends, actually taking romantic interest in someone hadn't really crossed his mind...

And then there was Lalita Talbot. She surprised him by first becoming his friend - a sort of self-given mission, he supposed, for her. And then she asked him to the masquerade dance and he was... nervous?? And she was beautiful..? And what are these feelings..? Friends can just be friends, right..?

So, long story short, Theo's not really looking... And most of it would probably either go past him entirely or get awkwardly shrugged aside and brushed off because he doesn't exactly know how to take personal compliments, and, ultimately, this category is taken care of. x3

lyall freeman

28. bar owner. the tramp.

L
yall isn't exactly the greatest person on the face of the earth, but he's far from the worst. He grew up under the mentality that he was from the wrong side of the tracks and always would be and had to do a lot of raising himself with no true parent figures to speak of. His so-called guardian figures were more about the foster kids for the government checks than they were fostering a family and the one man for himself atmosphere it created drove Lyall to be incredibly independent and do a lot of learning on the fly as was necessary. That being said, he's got some knowledge dappling across a few things, from fixing leaky faucets to a bit of know-how on car maintenance and repairs to how to hide from the cops when your license plate is red hot on the radio speakers. Back in California, Lyall was a getaway driver for whoever would pay the prettiest penny and a street racer. When the cops wanted to bust his biggest employer of them all though, he was happier to oblige and drop off information for them so long as his name was kept out of it, so he instead high-tailed it out of there all the way to Staten Island, where he has now been a resident for several years, running Tramp's Bar and Grill, doing some bartending for the business, and still doing a bit of street racing. Lyall's not someone who takes idling very well. Even if it's just roaming the streets pointlessly, if he wants something to do, he'll go out and find it, even if it's a bit of a less legal activity or flirting around.
Lyall's a bit of a serial roamer. If there's not some event going down or there's nothing to really keep him at the bar, he's not beyond basically roaming through the other boroughs rather... pointlessly, at times, so he can be met just about anywhere.

FRIENDS // So he's a bit of a shit, but he's actually not all that bad. He's pretty laid-back and easygoing, living in a flat above his bar and typically entertaining himself within the borough. He's the kind of guy you can shoot the shit with, play a couple rounds of pool, have some drinks, bitch about life, if you want... I'm not sure how seriously Lyall looks at the title of "friend." Serious considerations and planning just isn't too much of his thing. He doesn't like locking things down like that, but if he gets to know you and likes you enough, you can usually count on him to have your back. Most of the times. He's not above throwing some teasing, sometimes even some low shots in that department, and he's not your personal therapist, but he's not completely heartless. If one of the people he happened to actually care about in some capacity was really down on their luck, he couldn't say he's the best at comfort, but he'll try to do what he can. Worse comes to worst and he can always beat up the perpetrator for you?

ENEMIES // Lyall is a shit. It's inescapable. From scorned lovers (those one night stands are so tricky) to people he riles up when he's not at his bar to people that piss him off at his bar to street racing rivals to... just about anyone that takes an issue with his "so what?" attitude. He is how he is and he is not usually apologetic about it. He admittedly loves stepping on egos, dancing on them like the keys of a piano, and he's got a bit of a loud mouth. And he flirts a lot. He can talk a big game. Usually, he can back it up pretty decently, but he's no boxing champion. This list can be as varied as his list of "friends" and occasionally may even have some overlap. Lyall doesn't strike me as someone who would find frenemies strange in the slightest. He'd honestly probably enjoy the banter. But, yes, please, call him out. Take him down a peg or two. Shut him down. Be that boyfriend or girlfriend that gets upset when his eyes wander out of their safe zone or he gets too friendly with his words. He deserves a good nailing in the face. Probably.

LOVERS // Lyall has had plenty of these. Mostly flings, fancies, and one night stands. While he can do some things out of a rare spark of pure goodness in his heart, he likes a good game. He appreciates the art that is flirting to get what you want in this world. Of course, it's a game he's played for a good portion of his life and he can usually see when it's being deployed against him, but that doesn't mean he doesn't play along. Like I said, he enjoys the game. Why not play when you like the game?
I assure you, he's had plenty of shoes thrown his way in his lifetime. Oh, and he'll flirt with just about anyone he finds attractive. He doesn't particularly have a lot in the way of preferences. He doesn't wear boredom well, after all.
But, of course, the Tramp must have his darling Lady, his Pidge, and he will in the shape of one Victoria Dear. That's endgame for me, naturally, but, in the meantime, this Tramp's not swinging his ways around the 180 just yet, so feel free to fuel his bad habits as much as you please.

first last

details. details. details.

y
our text here and here and here and here and here and here and here and here and here and here and here and here and here.

FRIENDS // text
ENEMIES // text
LOVERS // text

first last

details. details. details.

y
your text here and here and here and here and here and here and here and here and here and here and here and here and here.

FRIENDS // text
ENEMIES // text
LOVERS // text

<>

played by 0 posts • prefers pronouns
>
Soooo both Anneliese and Theo live in Brooklyn... Maybe they could be neighbors? A potential friendship would be nice even though Anneliese isn't supposed to communicate with the outside world BUT she does venture out sometimes! She's naive and will probably be afraid of him if she has ever seen his temper (she's does hang out and look out the window a lot)! What do you think, Dotty-poo?
Shock
Twenty One
Shock Wave Emission
Bartender
Demisexual
She/Her

played by Phoenix41 posts • prefers She/Her pronouns

Prepare to get hit with a massive plot wave xD

My first question is do they have some sort of history together? They may have already bumped into each other at their jobs, at a park, gym, etc. I know I wrote "friends" in the description of my Wanted Ad, but wasn't sure if they should completely start from scratch in the present. I'm open to doing that because then the above could be thread ideas for them.

Would they be rivals to fuel their eventual friendship? He may be a formidable opponent for Shock when it comes to weapon based martial arts :3

They're both going to be awkward in the romance department (but oh so adorable!). Lalita is going to develop a gradual crush on him. Bonding threads for the win. An idea I had was Theo being invited to dinner with the nightmare bunch and humorously being interrogated about his intentions. Then vice versa when she has dinner with his viking family xD

I'm going to leave it here, but I hope that sparked inspiration for you ❤

z。
Toothless
Twenty-seven
Partial Shape-shift (Wings)
Animal Care Tech & Adoptions Counselor
Bicurious
He/him/his

played by Dot26 posts • prefers She/her/hers pronouns
theo & annelise
omg, what a gem? i like that idea of a sort of awkward friendship and with them being neighbors! x3 perhaps they bump into each other/meet up at the store sometimes while out for essentials. he'll probably be somewhere between intrigued and confused about why she spends so much time inside the house, but i'm not sure he'd really ask too much about it. maybe once or twice and then he'd probably just shrug it off because he'd get that it's not something to talk too much about. idk, like a little cute, quiet, hey we see each other sometimes sorta friendship. it sounds so sweet i want. pure beans. x3 maybe they even walk together part of the way or something to the store sometimes? and only part so she doesn't have to worry about getting caught or anything?

theo & lalita
starting from scratch would be nice! i love watching relationships between characters build like that! x3 it usually leads to me squealing more about them later, lol. i don't like declaring rivals until i've seen dynamics (unless it's otherwise blatantly obvious that they just won't get along), so we can throw them together and see how they click and work from there? i know he spends a lot of time at the shelter working because its the one thing that makes sense pretty much always to him, but the gym probably wouldn't be a bad idea, either. i can see him heading there to try to work things out inside of his own head. depending on how focused he gets there, he might give a bit of a start if someone were to distract him. xD really, anywhere that someone might chip in on his personal headspace could lead to some agitation, whereas meeting him while he's working probably has a better chance of being net friendly? just because he's usually not so caught up in his own head there and is more focused on caring for the animals and whatnot. :3
<>

>
YAS. Cute little friendship beans! I can imagine her watching him outside of the window sometimes and being like "omg... you're alone... i'm alone... be MY FRIEND?" but being too afraid to say anything to him. so maybe they can awkwardly walk to the store at the same time and just casually bump into each other somewhere! A LITTLE CLICHE BUT I LIKE IT OK.
Toothless
Twenty-seven
Bicurious
He/him/his

theo & annelise
IDC IF IT'S CLICHE, IT'S CUTE! XD Honestly, I might melt. This is beautiful and I want it. Would you like to start something or shall I? :3

theo & dori
no worries, lovely! i've been a little scattered the past couple days, anyways. :3 i adore the idea of him always showing her around the shelter?? like??? omg? let me squish her? it probably confused him the first time she didn't seem to ~remember, but he probably just rolls with it at this point and honestly, he can be a dragon or a teddy bear, and this time its a teddy bear, they could literally just spend hours looking at the animals. the mental image of her just kinda following him around while he takes care of all of them is honestly perf. i love it. i can probs start something where like he's starting his rounds to take care of the little furballs and she shows up again? and cute frandship? x3
Hei Hei & Becky's Lovechild
twenty six yo
Adminy Awesomeness
Being AWESOME
BUCKETSEXUAL
She/Her

played by Zee77 posts • prefers She/Her pronouns
ELODY & THEO

Theo meet Elody, pint sized pick pocketing pixie. My usual go to is she tries to steal from him and gets caught. It's the easiest way to get Elody mixed in with someone. However, I'm not even sure she could manage to pick pocket him since he's such a giant. xD I'm not sure how he'd respond to her, but if there was any chance of him being nice to her, or trying to help her out with something, she'd flip out on him which could be amusing. Girl thinks she needs nobody - even if it's just to help her get something from a tall shelf. xD I've got nothing concrete.

KIZZY & THEO

Kizzy is Kizzy and she gets along with just about everyone. Put them in a situation together and they'll probably walk away with a new best friend. xD Hilarious image of them standing next to each other, though. It's almost as hilarious as her standing next to Jack. Why must all the people she knows be taller than her by a mile?

SOPH & THEO

Dragon meets angry God of the Underworld? I don't see these two getting along very well. Sophia might actually try to lure him to the darker side of things, but if he resisted she'd get pissed off and he'd immediately be on her enemies list. Not that she could do much damage, her only power is her hair. xD I easily foresee threats of violence and some strong intimidation from her, though.

NASH & THEO

If he's friends with Dori, he's gonna know Nash. xD Since Nash has no intentions of losing someone again and Dori's basically the best thing around him since he moved to New York. He'd be mighty protective at first and Nash protective is... kind of amusing but also scary at the same time. I'm sure they'd be friends at some point, once Nash doesn't see him as a threat to Dori or their friendship - cos he's that kind of person.

GREY & THEO

I don't know if it's just cos I need friend plots with Grey and so my judgment is cloudy or what, but I think they might make good friends. Grey doesn't speak, so Theo would have to be uber patient with him, but I feel they'd get along - especially if Theo needed to rant or something, since Grey's a great listener. They both live in Brooklyn and Grey is a pretty well known artist in those parts, so it's possible they'd have run into each other at some point. I donno if Theo's the type to go to art shows or anything, but Grey holds them every now and then... and they have free food and drinks so hey...

<>

>
Eyyyy, it would be wonderful if you could start! I'm a little behind! :) I AM SO EXCITED.
Toothless
Twenty-seven
Bicurious
He/him/his

theo & annelise
Okie dokie! I'll get to work on it sometime soon! <3

theo & elody
Omg, lol, if he caught her trying to thieve something off of him he probably wouldn't take too kindly to it. Probably wouldn't do anything obnoxious either except be mad and passive aggressive and rawr gimme it and I know we don't have Hiccup/his brother in play yet, but we could possibly le NPC card and say maybe he found out she picked up something off of him? I have no idea what anyone would possibly be able to steal off of Hiccup, but it's an idea. xD

theo & kizzy
I'm blanking on anything solid to offer up atm, but Theo could use a friend like her that's so enthusiastic and height difference relationships are one of my things, okay? I just really probably love that Theo is an actual tower probably closer to seven feet tall than he is six way too much, tbh?? It's the past life as a dragon thing. xD

theo & soph
I NEED A GOOD ENEMIES THING IN MY LIFE, DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG IT'S BEEN SINCE I'VE WRITTEN ENEMIES? Inhumanly long, that's how long. It shouldn't even be possible that I've gone so long without anyone pissing off my characters that I could actually run with instead of silly NPCs that are dealt with in the span of a thread or two. xD He'd probably growl about her trying to influence him, and goodness help them both if Soph ever eyed up manipulating Hiccup because then he would more than certainly have a few choice words. xD I need it.

theo & nash
Omg, #pure, I love it. I don't think he'd mind too much because he's got a soft spot for Dori as a friend already, I think I know, like first posts, but they're precious and I love it.

theo & grey
I have so many feels about Grey? He's beautiful? I want to hug him? Theo wants to be his friend? I seriously think Theo wouldn't mind just sitting in silence sometimes with a buddy and he could probably be a good friend for actually holding a conversation, if Grey wanted to with him. :3 And intrigued about art as he is aside, free food and drink - how can you go wrong? xD TLDR, I want this friendship badly. Much adorbs.
Hei Hei & Becky's Lovechild
twenty six yo
Adminy Awesomeness
Being AWESOME
BUCKETSEXUAL
She/Her

played by Zee77 posts • prefers She/Her pronouns
ELODY & THEO

Yessss. We could totally do that. She'd definitely try to swipe something from Hiccup, mostly because Theo is a giant and she wouldn't even attempt to, I don't think, steal from him. She hasn't really been given the chance to get into trouble. Jackson's caught her with her hands in his till, but no one's outright caught her pick pocketing yet.

SOPH & THEO

Let's do it. Let's bring out Sophia's evil. [:< Bahahahaha. I don't know if she'd try to sway Hiccup, but she'd definitely attempt to do so to Theo and then promptly throw a fit when it doesn't work. Where abouts might they run into each other?

NASH & THEO

Yuh. Though there's probs gonna be some jealousy on Nash's side. Which will be entertaining.

GREY & THEO

PLEASE LET'S DO THIS PLEASE CAN WE THREAD THEM PLEASE!? I don't know what we could do. We could do an art gallery showing. Grey could be stapling flyers for it to poles and can run into Theo. Anything. ANYTHING!

Toothless
Twenty-seven
Bicurious
He/him/his

theo & elody
Hehehe, this will be fun. x3 It's been a while since I've gotten to really write out any of my characters as more than just grumpy about something. xD Granted, most of them don't quite have the circuits for anger like Theo does, they just get grumpy until you really cross severe lines. xDD

theo & soph
Okay, so Theo has a usual route from home to some little local grocery place and semi-frequents a local gym when he needs somewhere to clear his head, and then I imagine he gets out a decent bit with the shelter puppers because they need walks. Lots and lots of walks. xD I wouldn't put it past him to just go wondering the streets some nights, too, perhaps after some of his dreams bc those are starting to get more and more troubling for him and he just doesn't compute emotions well. So "clearing his head" usually is just "let me go somewhere to be alone and intensely try to box it up and ignore it." xD Lots of places, in short.

theo & grey
OKAY BUT YES SO MUCH YES I JUST I NEED IT. I have this odd feeling like Theo is going to be super soft TM in this friendship and like idk maybe he asks some questions based on the flyers IDK I JUST OKAY. WE NEED TO JUST THROW THEM TOGETHER AND WATCH THINGS HAPPEN. THINGS.

Yisssssssssssss. Who starts?

Cloudjumper
forty- two
Aero-Telekinesis
Floor Manager
Asexual
She/her

played by Night22 posts • prefers She/her pronouns
Theo and Thora

Hi got Cloudjumper here. To make it simple she knows she is a dragon but she does not remember anyone from her older life so could be fun if they meet and more feel that they know each other from somewhere but unsure from where. Possible friendship in the future maybe? She works at Mister Unlucky's so he could possibly run into her there if he becomes a frequent guest. (If you have any other ideas for them how they might meet etc please share with me as I would love to hear them.)
<>

>
rae & theo
brooklyn babies should def know each other. besides raegan is a hug animal person, she loves both cats and dogs and everything in between, so i can def see her frequenting his work place. idk, maybe she comes in rather frequently and plays with the animals but never takes one home. it would be a recent thing since she's only been back in new york for like a year or so i guess. basically she really wants a pet but like wants all the pets and thus can't choose and doesn't want anyone to feel left out so she never takes one home and theo is just like why?! lol. idk, but they could be cute friends if you want them to be. rae is use to hanging around more quite people as that was and still is sometimes the type of person she is. so i can see them going on walks at night together, or reading and not talking, or having deep conversations even if they are really good friends? i'll leave this up to you but i am really about it, especially her potentially helping him with his identity crisis because she kind of went through that after remembering her past life, because who she was as raegan was different from who she had turned into as violet [aka the end of the movie ya know]. so just hmu.
Adore
twenty five
Syrupy Sweet
--
--
she/her

played by Adore76 posts • prefers she/her pronouns
LUCY (Alice) && THEODOR
    Okay! So Lucy here is also a Local of Brooklyn here so it's very possible that she has seen Theo around the city, or possibly even around her neighborhood (IF they lived close to one another, of course!) Now I don't know how they would run into one another just to simply chat, but I do feel like they could be familiar faces to one another? Should they end up talking to each other I believe they could relate in various ways. For a solid plot idea...I've got nothing but I'm totally open to anything and bouncing ideas off of one another!
MIKEY (Barrel) && THEODOR
    Word on the street is that Theodor here is going to take a liking to a certain witchy wisp of a woman named Lalita! Lalita to Mikey is pretty much his sister at this point having grown up along side her since middle school. So, NATURALLY if he catches wind of this, he's absolutely gotta scope the guy out you know? Has to make sure the car is safe an all that before Lalita takes off on a joy ride. Eyeballing and scoping a brotha out, I do believe Mikey would genuinely like Theodor on many levels and if they were to get closer could find a lot of similarities they could bond over.
FLORA (Flower) && THEODOR
    Flora here is also from Brooklyn! So they more than likely know each other through their lines of work-- Animal rescue. IF they don't know each other we could potentially have a thread where they finally come across one another? Being an Animal Rescue Officer who often visits various animals shelters, I'm sure it's bound to happen (IF YOU WANT IT TO, OF COURSE!) I think they'd make a cute pair of friends, too. Let me know what you think!!
Toothless
Twenty-seven
Bicurious
He/him/his

theo & thora
Heeeeeeeeee!!!! Okay, so Theo isn't entirely aware of his past life yet, either. He has this really vague notion that somethings not quite right about it and the fact that he was wings feels so incredibly right. So, he's kinda put it together that he was definitely not human, but he doesn't quite understand it at all yet and it makes his head spin. But, then again, he's also grown more and more certain he knows his "mom, dad, and brother" from this ~other place in his dreams and, yeah, it makes his head hurt. He really isn't that much of a drinker, so I don't see him frequenting any sort of bar, but he does occasionally like to wander on aimless walks and get lost in his own head trying to sort all of it out, so it's possible they might run into each other that way?

theo & rae
Ugh, omg, yes, pls, to all of it. Theo is definitely most comfortable in a conversation about the animals when it's with people he doesn't know as well, but, please, these two being amazing friends. I think he would secretly actually love it if they did night walks together and pls, like him just getting comfortable around her and actual cute friendship things. Yes. Just. Yes. So much yes.

theo & lucy
Yisssss! I don't have much solid, either, but Theo does enjoy taking walks just... because reasons and just kinda getting lost in his own head in the process, so perhaps they've come across each other a couple times because of that and know each other kinda vaguely because of it? Look at me getting distracted by the cbox and coming up with bad thoughts, RIP, love me, anyways. xD

theo & mikey
Lol, eventually! Theo's adorably oblivious to this whole love thing, so it'll take some time to develop and go places, but I am SO HERE for him getting scoped out like he kinda has a small reputation with his protective/defensive outbursts for having anger issues, so this will be fun, very fun, indeed! xD But I'd also love them eventually being friends bc Theo does have a heart of gold - it's just a little hard to get to under all of his personal uncertainties and whatnot. xD And just like he wants friends and family treated right, that would extend to potential lovers, so he'd be more than happy to meet their friends. :3

theo & flora
Eeeee!! Okay, pls. Please. Theo loves working at the shelter and loves the animals and it's really important to him. He has a very high chance of getting along with just about anyone who shares that interest and I can see him probably always greeting her when she stops by, always willing to help out, you name it, yo. So much yes. ^o^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply

skinned exclusively for TTW by lauz.