toggle cbox
members rules plot abilities faces canons wanteds who's who application shippers advertise cbox

welcome to tame the whispers! we are an animation personified roleplay set in new york city and its boroughs. an entity known as the void swept through the animated world of ioyipia, the world which had been home to all of of our well known and beloved characters. the void destroyed everything in its path, some escaped and others were killed, but all found themselves right here in new york city. their abilities, some latent while in their last lives, others well known, are beginning to surface and those characters who remember ioyipia and who they were are starting to notice strange things going on. has the void returned? is it coming for them all over again? find out! when registering, please do so as FIRST M. LAST in all uppercase. our site's rating is 3•3•3 and we always ask for quality over quantity. as always, if you have any questions, feel free to message a staff member!

Add Reply

Not a good runner, Open
<>

played by 0 posts • prefers pronouns
>
never had a conscience

Every first of the month, Tristan liked to buy a new suit. A reminder of the fact that he was rich now. Reminders were good. He woke up featherless every morning, but ‘human’ was different from ‘filthy rich’, and the latter was what mattered to him. Of course, on the scale of luxury, Tristan was still definitely closer to ‘comfortable’ than ‘billionaire’ so he was still working on that, but he was far enough past comfortable to be semi-satisfied. Semi-satisfied enough to not buy large jewels that had no real purpose for no reason other than because he’d always wanted them and could. The parrot had quit doing that long ago. Now Iago invested in other things, practical human-things, like cars. Suits too, bespoke.

This month Tristan had gone earlier than usual for the monthly suit ritual, during the previous month to make sure his suit would be finished on time to pick up on the first. That was today. He’d gotten off work earlier than usual (which was still 7 o’clock) to get the suit before dinner. The suit was a tuxedo thanks to the invitation he’d received for the Masquerade Gala Auction. Tristan King had gotten a few spare invites, actually, possibly meant for colleagues at the office, more potential auction-goers. Iago ended up giving one to Aladdin and then one to the floor secretary Janet. The floor secretary’s desk was, unsurprisingly, at the entrance point for the floor, by the elevators. That was where Tristan gave the invite to ‘Zain’, standing near Janet’s desk, so it was awkward not to offer after that. He gave the remaining two to his assistant Jeff and whoever Jeff’s plus one was. It only occurred to him afterwards that he left no tickets for his own plus one. That worked out for him. It was a good excuse to not have a plus one. He could pass on the part where he had to pick one of his coworkers as a date for the evening and just go alone like he really wanted.

Thinking of what to have for dinner, Tristan stepped out of the tailor’s, narrowly missing a stroller. Walking, what a pain. Tristan King rarely ‘went out’, only for work-related things. A big part of that was because walking was so tedious. He always liked to get luxury purchases in person though, instead of having it delivered or picked up by his assistant. The in-person aspect made for a stronger reminder. Usually though, the investment banking director didn’t have the problem of someone groping at his suit to fish out his wallet before taking off, loot in hand. “What- come on! Thief!” Yes, that was going to work. Shit. “Thief!” This was another moment where walking sucked. He could catch up as a flying parrot but there was no hope of that as a forty-year-old man carrying an expensive tux in one hand. Tristan’s left hand was holding the suit still so he had to awkwardly reach into his right inner suit pocket with his right hand to fish out his phone to cancel all his credit cards. And probably call the police. Damn. “THIEF!” The young criminal was still in view but already too far for him to have any realistic expectation of recovery. He was a pessimist anyway. Right, what was his credit card companies’ numbers again?

Tristan Othello King | Iago
march hare
twenty five
telekinesis
n/a
bisexual
she/her

played by moni22 posts • prefers she/her pronouns
put those colors on, girl
come and play along with me tonight
Makenzi had just walked out of a building when the sound of someone yelling filled her ears. It was common enough, so at first she paid little attention. The streets were always loud here between the cars honking, people getting into arguments or whatever. What caught her attention was the kid barreling down the street straight at her. Her eyes darted to the side, looking down to the man that was yelling and put the two together. Ah, yes. Another victim of a petty crime. Makenzi pondered for a split second whether or not to get in the way. It would have been easy enough to stop the kid. Hell, she could pluck that wallet right out of the kids hand without even getting close if she wanted to. The kid glanced over and made eye contact with her. All Makenzi did was step out of his way and offer a smirk. He gave her a nod and continued on his way, disappearing around a corner out of sight.

Why bother getting in the middle of someone elses business?

She moved along down the street towards the man who was awkwardly trying to fish things out of his pocket while juggling a suit in his arms. ”Well, no wonder you were so easy to steal from,” she commented with a giggle of laughter. The suit in his hands looked mighty fancy and probably cost a pretty penny at that. No wonder he had been picked as a target. Older man with his arms full? Zero chance of him running after? Yeah, Makenzi would have done the same if she had to pick anyone out on the street. Thankfully, she was doing alright for herself. There was no need to steal from pathetic looking old guys. ”Quite unfortunate, for you. Fortunate for that fellow. He probably made off with quite a good deal, didn’t he?” She smiled sweetly at the man, rocking back and forth on her feet infront of him.

”I wouldn’t bother calling the cops. That kids long gone. He’s been hitting this street up the last few days. Caught a few of the people coming out of my shows the last few nights. I’m sure he’s eating quite well thanks to your generous contribution.” It was her day off tonight, but that never stopped her from ending up at the theatre anyways. Call her a workaholic, if you will. Spinning around on her heels, she pointed down the street. ”If you did want to walk along after him, I think he hangs out around that block up there. Pretty sketch, though, if you ask me. Might be a bad idea for a fellow like you to wander over there.” Tilting her head, she peered back at him and laughed. ”Might end up naked, if you try. Bet they could sell your clothes for a pretty penny too!”

She said it as a joke, but it wasn’t uncommon for people to get jumped in the streets of the city. He’d come off lucky, if you asked her. ”Best to just cut your losses while you’re ahead, sir,” she suggested.

words: 524 | tag: TRISTAN O. KING | outfit: here

<>

played by 0 posts • prefers pronouns
>
never had a conscience

Tristan ignored it at first when someone sauntered up to him like he was having a perfectly normal day. He was texting Jeff about the whole ‘I’ve just had my wallet stolen’ situation. Tristan rarely contacted his assistant about personal matters even though Jeff’s actual job title was ‘personal assistant’. He kept his work life and personal life separate. Also, he rarely ever contacted Jeff outside of work hours. In this case, however, the exception was warranted. Fortunately, there was little in the wallet that made for a big problem. The credit cards could be stopped once Jeff sent him the numbers for the credit card companies. Cash was cash. The wallet itself was replaceable. Tristan left his driver’s license at home instead of carrying it around because he never drove. Cars were stuffy things. Iago had no desire to actually drive one of the things for a disaster-waiting-to-happen. Tristan had a driver. Who he should have asked to meet him here instead of walking, as life was teaching him, but his apartment was only two blocks down so in theory he would have been fine. In theory.

“Just doing my part to stimulate the local economy,” Tristan remarked after sending the text, finally glancing up to look at the person talking to him. The passerby was right about good luck for the modern street rat that stole his wallet. There was a little over a hundred dollars in there. “Thanks for the advice,” it probably was pointless to call the cops. Just as well. Iago still avoided cops or heroes or do-gooders. He could try to ID the thief, especially since this stranger apparently knew what they looked like, but it wasn’t worth the trouble. “I had no plans to go after him,” running after stolen wallets, no thanks. Running at all, no thanks. There was also the potential of the scenario that this stranger described for him, of course. “You’re not analyzing the situation to mug me next, are you?” It was a joke, but he sounded skeptical because he was currently annoyed.

Tristan Othello King | Iago
march hare
twenty five
telekinesis
n/a
bisexual
she/her

played by moni22 posts • prefers she/her pronouns
put those colors on, girl
come and play along with me tonight
A thoughtful hum vibrated through her throat as the man answered her. At least he seemed to be in good spirits about his own misfortune. Perhaps good wasn’t quite the word but there were many other reactions he could have been having right now. She’d seen this happen enough to know there was a wide range of reactions. Some people cried and some people even gave chase, which was why she decided to advise the man not to. It never ended well and it was quite dangerous. There was just no telling what the criminal would do when pushed into a corner. Fight or flight instincts were strong with those living on the streets. It was a gamble that really was best to simply avoid and no doubt it was easier to simply cancel credit cards and replace them. Makenzi smiled, her head bobbing as she nodded. ”No problem.”

A laugh escaped her when the man turned his skepticism on her. Did she blame him? No, not at all. It was still amusing to think that she looked like a threat. ”Am I that intimidating looking? There she was, multi-colored hair tossed up in a sloppy bun with minimal makeup on and dressed in a cute vintage style dress. Appearances aside, Makenzi was far from the type to steal from people in such a brutish manner. Con them out of their money in gambling bets? Oh, sure, that she would definitely do. ”Nope! I have a job. Right there in that theatre, actually,” she pointed over to it just to help her cause. ”Just don’t try to make any bets with me in a card game and we’ll be just fine,” she added with a wink and a smirk of her lips.

”And even if I were interested in mugging you, all you have left is your clothes and quite frankly mens fashion just isn’t my style.” Although back in Wonderland it was certainly up her alley. It was such an odd thing to think about too. Here she was in this new world, a lady, when back in Wonderland she'd been a male hare. The realization when her memories came back had made her quite confused for a period of time. Makenzi was certainly enjoying herself though even if putting together cute outfits was quite the daily task. Her head tilted to the side, "Are you going to be able to get home without your wallet? Traveling through the city without money was actually practically impossible. Unless you were willing to walk home, which was laughable because of the size of the city blocks.

words: 437 | tag: TRISTAN O. KING | outfit: here

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply

skinned exclusively for TTW by lauz.