toggle cbox
members rules plot abilities faces canons wanteds who's who application shippers advertise cbox

welcome to tame the whispers! we are an animation personified roleplay set in new york city and its boroughs. an entity known as the void swept through the animated world of ioyipia, the world which had been home to all of of our well known and beloved characters. the void destroyed everything in its path, some escaped and others were killed, but all found themselves right here in new york city. their abilities, some latent while in their last lives, others well known, are beginning to surface and those characters who remember ioyipia and who they were are starting to notice strange things going on. has the void returned? is it coming for them all over again? find out! when registering, please do so as FIRST M. LAST in all uppercase. our site's rating is 3•3•3 and we always ask for quality over quantity. as always, if you have any questions, feel free to message a staff member!

Add Reply

Playdate in the Park, Kye
<>

played by 0 posts • prefers pronouns
>
Donovan Urban
the heart wants what it wants
It was still fairly early in the morning as dim light beamed in from Donovan’s hotel window. He could feel himself growing antsy, hyper-aware of its presence as it left shadows on the floor of the room. Donny just wanted to be outside, to feel the sunshine beating against his skin while he walked amongst the hustle and bustle of people, but unfortunately, his line of work came along with a deadline. So instead of fulfilling his wishes, Donny continued to sit at the desk, his computer propped up before him as he typed away at the keys, scribbling down a few more sentences of an article sharing his most recent travels. He tapped his heel against the carpet absentmindedly then tossed another sideways glance at the window. As he let out an over long sigh, his nose crinkled up in frustration. He could already tell that he was hardly going to be productive in the least when he was cooped up like this. There had to be a better way to do this...

And that was when an idea— a brilliant wonderful idea— struck him like a bolt of lightning. Donny stood up just as suddenly and pushed off against the table His chair lurched backward with the motion, and he closed and scooped up his laptop, tossing it frivolously into his shoulder bag. After only a few more minutes, he had managed to gather his things completely, throw on something comfortable and casual— jeans and a simple t-shirt— and leave the hotel to head for Central Park. His mind was too hyperactive and his behavior too fidgety to be inside on such a lovely day. After all, he chose a profession that allowed him to travel and explore the world to his heart's content for a reason. There was never a dull moment in that! But the park, the park would offer more than enough excitement to keep him preoccupied, but there would still be secluded enough places for him to get a good deal of writing done.

Once he arrived at his destination, Donny set his bag down by his feet and flopped heavily on the grass. His smile grew wider and wider as he rolled over onto his stomach and started to pluck small stalks of grass out from the dirt. It might have seemed strange to any looking on— a grown man reveling in the happiness of playing in the grass, but the park always seemed to leave Donny feeling lighthearted, his chest full and warm with that sense of glee. For a moment while he lay there, work had slipped to the back of his mind. But as he looked to his side, his bag reminded him again of what he should be doing... he hadn’t gone there for fun and games. Though he’d rather be watching the squirrels jump from tree to tree or joining in on a game of catch that a group is playing, Donovan crawled forward slightly, ignoring the fact that squirming around in the grass is bound to make him itchy. Then, he set his computer down, opening it up in order to begin feverishly writing once more. If he was lucky, the atmosphere here might spark something unique to add to his newest article.

KYE A. MATEUS | 546 | SOAK UP THE SUNSHINE
<>

>
SOMETIMES YOU NEVER KNOW THE VALUE OF A MOMENT
until it becomes a memory
TAG:   DONNY

NOTES:    IGNORE THE HAND, OH WAIT YOU CAN’T SEE IT

Kye was supposed to have a client this morning, but last minute they cancelled. Normally that would have irritated the girl, but sleeping in sounded so nice; however, she couldn’t sleep again. So instead she rolled out of bed and made her way to the kitchen. She ran a hand through her messy hair as she looked through her pantries. She sat there humming a tune as she decided whether she wanted to make to drink. She had coffee, tea, or hot chocolate. That pegged the question did she want to be an adult or a child. Well hot chocolate it was. Kye plucked a mug out of the cabinet above the counter, filled it with hot water, then poured the hot chocolate mix into the mug of hot water. She then pulled out a spoon mixing the drink into what it was meant to be.

She hopped up on her counter sipping from the mug looking out her window. The sun was still rising. It brought a smile to the colorful girl’s face. Some people liked sunsets some people liked sunrises. Kye liked both, but she loved watching Brooklyn spring to life. She sat there listening to the bustle of people getting their day started. Once she was done with her hot chocolate she placed the mug in the sink filling it with water. It was time to start the day. Since she was supposed to teach acrobatics today she should probably at least do a little training with herself. Kye slipped off the counter and made her way to her room, throwing on some leggings and a tank top. She then moved back to the kitchen while pulling her hair into a ponytail. With the fridge in front of her she opened it up and fetched out a water bottle. She then slipped on her sneakers and headed out her house.

Normally she’d have gone to her regular gym and practiced there, but she felt the sun on her skin and it was warm and inviting. Instead of going to the gym she decided a change of scenery would be nice. She made her way to the metro and found herself in manhattan. Manhattan had one of the nicest parks, and it was also large so she wouldn’t be bothered while she did her stunts. When she finally reached the soft green grass she took a couple minutes to warm up her body. Number one rule of any type of gymnastics was to never do anything cold. That was how injury happened and Kye wasn’t planning on any injuries any time soon. Now that her body was warm she started with some small moves, mainly doing yoga. Normal things people did when they were working out. She then went onto doing back handsprings and flips.

She got a little carried away so when she got too close to someone she freaked herself out and fell straight on her ass. This little freak out cause her hand to disappear so she swiftly hid it. She looked at the person she was now sitting next to. “Hi sorry if I gave you a fright there. I got a bit carried away there.” Kye gave the man a once over making sure that she hadn’t hit him. “And it looks like you’ve gone unscaved so I’m going to go back to my training, probably keep a closer eye on where you are so I don’t try to kill you again. Okay? Okay.” With that said Kye popped up from the ground walking away a bit embarrassed still hiding her hand that disappeared from her fear earlier and still hadn’t came back to a visible state.

<>

>
Donovan Urban
Donovan was still furiously typing away on his computer as the park began to grow livelier. The place drew in all sorts of people, which only made it that much more interesting to him. He clicked his tongue against the roof of his mouth with slight disappointed as he shifted his body slightly, rolling to one side and resting his elbow against the ground, hand cupping his cheek. ”What to write, what to write...” he thought desperately as he let out a low puff. Why was this proving to be so difficult today? Probably because there were much more exciting things to be doing in the park that day, one of which would be people watching.

Donny loved to people watch. You really could seem some intriguing characters if you watched closely enough. Generally, Donny’s attention jumped from place to place, person to person, only lingering on the most exciting of them all. He tapped a finger absentmindedly again the keypad on his laptop as his eyes darted between the screen and his surroundings. He went on like this for a good few minutes before realizing that all he’d managed to write was as good as jibberish, and he had to erase a handful of “sentences.” Donny had just managed to replace them when a flash of bright red caught his attention. The sudden pop of color pulled his focus away yet again, and he squinted his eyes against the brightness of the sun as he gazed in that direction.

This current distraction was a fiery haired girl, who looked to be warming up with a bit of stretching and yoga. She herself was intriguing, but it didn’t seem like she was doing anything all that exciting at first. Donny figured that he’d lose interest before long and then he would be able to get back to his writing. But before that could happen, Donny’s eyes widened curiously as she started doing stunts— combinations of handsprings and flips. It was captivating to watch, and Donny couldn’t pull his eyes away as she flew through the air. His eyes stayed trained on her motions even as she started growing closer and closer to where he was laying.

Most people would have probably moved out of the way, but not Donovan. No, he just kept laying there, head tipped to the side and eyes full of wonder. The trance was broken though as she realized that Donny was there, but at least the grass broke her fall as she now sat on the ground next to him. “Hi, sorry if I gave you a fright there. I got a bit carried away there,” she apologized. Donny simply blinked over at her; he wasn’t really startled. If anything, it seemed more like HE had frightened HER, all things considered. “And it looks like you’ve gone unscaved so I’m going to go back to my training,” she continued, <“Probably keep a closer eye on where you are so I don’t try to kill you again. Okay? Okay.”

Apparently she didn’t really need a response from Donny, as once she spoke, she leapt up awkwardly and started away, but that didn’t stop him from calling after her. “You’re pretty amazing.” He paused for a moment before sitting up. He waved his in a sweeping motion, “Your tricks, I mean. They’re impressive.” He crossed his legs and placed his hands in his lap. “It’s a shame that I got in the way.” He gave a small shrug and brushed the top of his fluffy hair back. “If it’s any help, I’ll keep an eye out too to make sure I’m not in the way.” Donny gave a warm smile in her direction. “Sound like a plan?”

KYE A. MATEUS | 623 | A WELCOME DISTRACTION
<>

>
IF SOMETIMES YOU NEVER KNOW THE VALUE OF A MOMENT

NOTES:    THE REAPPEARING HAND ACT MY FAVORITE

The apology was weird the man she almost killed with flying legs had just stared at her as she spoke. She wasn’t really sure why that was, but she was more focused on him not noticing her hand being gone and that she did almost trample him to think further on it. She gave all the words she thought she was going to need to, but nope that wasn’t the case. Once she was was up and walking away he called after her. You’re pretty amazing. This made Kye pause. That was a strange thing for him to say. She turned around slowly with a bit of confusion on her face. She was still hiding her hand.

Words were about to escape her lips as the man continued, he was now sitting up and waving his hands in a sweeping motion. Your tricks, I mean. They’re impressive. This boy was a little bit odd, but that didn’t mean that Kye could lose any manners or anything like that. When someone gave you a compliment you said thank you. Kye shrugged her shoulders moving a bit closer to the man so she wasn’t really yelling to him. “Thank you. They kind of have to be though. Or I’d be out of a job you know?” That sufficed as a thank you to Kye. It was the thank you, but then also a bit of the obvious. Just how Kye liked it. The man now crossed his legs and placed his hands in his lap.

The dude was very strange. It’s a shame that I got in the way. This made Kye feel a bit bad. It wasn’t his fault that he was sitting there. It was really her fault for not being aware of her surroundings. Without thinking about it she moved both her hands in a shaking movement, and she just about died with relief when she saw that both her hands were actually there. The heavens were looking out for her today. “Me almost killing you is not your fault. You weren’t in my way. I just happened to lose track of where I was. You sitting there is completely okay.” Kye didn’t know if she was making it clear enough.

She did say the same thing like 3 times, but she never knew if people were going to understand her or not. The guy gave her a shrug, pushing the top of his hair back. If it’s any help, I’ll keep an eye out too to make sure I’m not in the way. This time Kye was speechless. She just blinked at the man. He was a very confusing person. Sound like a plan? She sideways glanced at him. Hesitant to respond. But ultimately she wasn’t going to ignore him. “Sounds good to me.” Kye matched his smile and turned around walking back to the area she had placed her water bottle.

Even though she was supposed to continue training she couldn’t help but think about her strange interaction with the male. Ah hell she needed to talk to him more. What was his deal? And why couldn’t she stop thinking about it. Even though that's where her mind was she wasn’t going to seem crazy she was going to train a bit more then go back and talk to him. She did a couple front handsprings and more flips. This time she also did front and back walk overs and a couple aerials. It had been some time she had finished her water bottle. Now now she could go talk to him. She did a back walkover into a back handspring. She then twisted around did a front aerial landing just before him then slipped into the middle splits.

She placed her elbows on the grass and her chin in her hands. She looked up at the man. “I just have to ask. Why are you so easy going. Most people would have been irritated that someone disrupted their relaxation time. But not you instead you didn’t care. You even put a little of the blame on yourself…” Kye squinted her eyes a bit at him as if she was reading his mind. “Are you some type of psychopath? Or like an alien?” It was a bit ironic that she called him weird as she was just demonstrating that she was equally maybe more strange than him. However she’d never admit to it. But you had to be a little strange to be in the circus.

<>

>
Donovan Urban
When Donovan called after the girl, she slowed a bit before turning around, seeming slightly confused by him— or so he would assume. There wasn’t much else to be confused about really. Donny was just relieved that she acknowledged him. Otherwise, he probably would have received some rather unwanted and pitying stares from those nearby. When he explained that he was impressed by her tricks, the girl gave a shrug in reply, taking a few steps back toward him. “Thank you. They kind of have to be though. Or I’d be out of a job you know?”

Donny didn’t know though, and he couldn’t help wondering what kind of job required flips and tricks like that. He could think of a couple of things, but none of that was rooted in solid fact. “I’d say you don’t have anything to worry about then,” he said simply. If she wanted to tell him what she did, she could, and if not— well, then he would never know. Oh well, if it was meant to be, it’d happen. He gave an apology of sorts for interrupting her routine, but she wasn’t having it. She shook her hands, as if to stop him from saying more, and Donny stared with his head tipped to the side. “Me almost killing you is not your fault. You weren’t in my way,” she insisted fervently, “I just happened to lose track of where I was. You sitting there is completely okay.”

Donny took her words at face value; she might have said that all was well, but that wouldn’t stop him from doing what he could to make the situation better as well. After Donny’s promise to keep an eye out for the girl too, she simply blinked back at him with a sideways glance. Was that so wrong of him to offer? Donny didn’t see the harm in it. “Sounds good to me,” she agreed, smiling, then took her leave to begin practicing again. Donny rolled back onto his stomach and gave a half-laugh as he readied his hands over the keyboard. With that little break of sorts, it was time for him to get back to work.

While Donovan was aware of the young woman practicing off to the side, he managed to focus for long enough to finish most of his article. He just needed the perfect way to wrap it up and then he could send it off to the editor to be published. He tapped his chin lightly as he thought, hoping inspiration might strike him. But instead, something quite unexpected landed before him instead. The red haired girl flipped into his vision— quite literally in fact— before landing in front of him and sliding into a split. “Hello again. Welcome back,” Donny greeted her a bit playfully as she placed her elbows against the ground and her chin in her hands, peering up at him inquisitively.

“I just have to ask. Why are you so easy going. Most people would have been irritated that someone disrupted their relaxation time. But not you instead you didn’t care. You even put a little of the blame on yourself…” She was silent for just a moment as she squinted her eyes at him. Donny shifted back slightly, crawling up onto his knees. “Are you some type of psychopath? Or like an alien?” she asked, making Donny laugh. That was certainly an imagination on this one...

“Is easy going a bad thing?” He chuckled before explaining himself calmly and setting his laptop aside. “I wasn’t relaxing, I was working. And I prefer the term ‘extraterrestrial sociopath,’ thank you very much. Donovan Urban, thank you for allowing me to conquer your Earth.” He then leaned forward and added in a deep, playfully frantic, whisper, “Don’t turn me into the cops, they’ll experiment on me!” Was that too much? Maybe it was too much, but apparently Donny only had two levels— completely chill, like ice cold chill, or absolutely and completely mad, institutionally insane. He probably deserved to be probed in Area 51 anyway...

KYE A. MATEUS | 684 | WE COME IN PEACEEE!
<>

>

NOTES:    YOU DON’T LOOK LIKE THE SUSPECT HERE

The boy was all too friendly. It wasn’t something you saw all too often anymore. It was definitely strange just for that. Then Kevin was off to practicing again. She was practicing, but she did somewhat look at what the boy had been doing. He was typing on his computer. Hmm? ‘Writer?’ She thought as she continued to pretend to be undisturbed by what the boy was doing, but anyone with eyes would know that she was thinking about him. He also sort of glanced over at her once in awhile. Most likely watching what she was doing. She didn’t mind that. It gave her more satisfaction than anything else. Once the fiery red head was finished with her little practice workout session she flipped over to where the boy was sitting, placing herself right in front of him. He seemed unphased.

Hello again. Welcome back. Kye smiled at that, but she had questions and she was asking them right away. The boy went into a more relaxed potion after she had bombarded him with questions. He was sitting on his knees and now he was really towering over her so she sat straight up instead of leaning on her elbows. Is easy going a bad thing? The boy laughed and Kye joined in. “That’s not it. It’s just a dying quality. Most people are so up tight nowadays.” Kye gave him a quick smile as he continued to answer her questions as he placed his laptop aside. I wasn’t relaxing, I was working. And I prefer the term ‘extraterrestrial sociopath,’ thank you very much. Donovan Urban, thank you for allowing me to conquer your Earth. Kye shook her head at that. Donovan was it. Interesting. That was too formal for her. That was not what Kye was going to call him. He leaned in close to her in a mock panicked whisper.

Don’t turn me into the cops, they’ll experiment on me! The acrobat laughed again. Her red ponytail bouncing slightly. She leaned in close to him also. Calling him by a name she decided would be a nickname for Donovan. “Now, now Donny. I’m completely skipping the cops and calling area 51…” Kye smiled as she backed up. “The only problem would be that once they got here they’d just try to take me away no matter how much I Kye pleaded to them that I was not the alien you are.” Kye laughed leaning back on her hands still in her splits. “So you’re lucky today you will not be experimented on.” Maybe Kye was being a bit too friendly, but she was just mimicking Donny’s vibe. He hopefully didn’t find her strange because of it. That would be a wicked sense of irony.

<>

>
Donovan Urban
For a moment or so, Donny loomed over the girl after he moved up to a seated position, but she soon followed suit and propped herself up off her elbows, sitting up straight. This wasn’t the first time that someone had seemed a bit stunned about Donovan’s laisse faire attitude on life and whatnot, but why should he sweat the small things? Of course, not all people would consider this such a small thing, but it was evident that she hadn’t meant him harm, nor did she have a vicious intent, so there was no reason for Donny to be upset. An accident was an accident— that was that. No harm done. The girl joined in on his laughter after he asked why his calm response had been such a shock. He had to admit that he was curious what the big deal was…

“That’s not it,” she insisted, giving further explanation, “It’s just a dying quality. Most people are so uptight nowadays.” She wasn’t wrong there; Donny had to admit that he’d met his fair share of tight asses in his day, but he felt they were necessary to keep the world spinning in their own way and he loved them all the same. Some people couldn’t help sweating the small stuff, Donny just wasn’t one of those people and would never want to be one of them either. It wasn’t in his nature. The girl smiled at him as he went on, a somewhat encouraging smile that made Donny feel all the more comfortable around her. In fact, Donny was unusually relaxed around her, which was saying something considering his natural easygoing demeanor. There was something familiar and comforting about her presence, and Donny couldn’t help but think about it as he continued his playful introduction.

“Extraterrestrial sociopath”— Donny was kicking himself a bit for that one, but some otherworldly force must have been looking out for him because instead of diagnosing him as clinically insane, the brightly colored girl chuckled and no sound could have been more of a relief for him in that moment than the simple laugh. Her ponytail bobbed slightly as she leaned closer, mirroring his own movements from before. “Now, now Donny. I’m completely skipping the cops and calling area 51…” A cheeky smile crossed her face as she shifted back, and Donny let out a mock gasp. There was more to her teasing though. “The only problem would be that once they got here they’d just try to take me away no matter how much I Kye pleaded to them that I was not the alien you are.” She leaned back even further, still sitting before him in her extravagant fashion. “So you’re lucky today you will not be experimented on,” she promised.

Donovan looked Kye over and let out a small hum. “Not the extraterrestrial?” he mused, playing out how he imagined that encounter in his head, “Just what the alien would say— you’re coming with us, miss.” His mouth curled up in a grin as he nodded in agreement. “Guess you’re out-of-this-world then?” Oh, how cringe-y that joke was, but it didn’t stop Donny. His smile never fell even after he said it. At least the boy was confident in his odd behaviors— you couldn’t fault him for that. “What a relief you’ve seen reason though! That way we’ll both be safe from secretive and intrusive experiments…” He rubbed a hand against the back of his neck, now wearing a slightly sheepish expression. “Ahem— then was that all you wanted to ask me?” he inquired, curiosity yet again getting the better of him. He couldn’t help it though; if she had more questions, that meant she would stay longer and that Donny could potential uncover the reason for the prickling feeling he felt at the back of his mind when he looked at Kye.

KYE A. MATEUS | 649 | OR ALIEN PSYCHOPATH, SURE
<>

>

NOTES:    LET ME JUST BABBLE ON

Kye had a lot to say and Donny just followed it by a slight hmm. It would have given her a bit of anxiety if she didn’t feel so relaxed around the boy. His easy going nature made her feel like they were old friends. Literally the oldest of friends. Like they have known eachother for years. It was such a strange feeling to have that amount of comfort with a complete stranger. Not the extraterrestrial? Donny paused as if he was watching the scene play out in his head. Kye decided to do the same. It was a funny picture. Especially since she wouldn’t go without a fight. He then started speaking again.

Just what the alien would say— you’re coming with us, miss. Kye giggled. Such a played out line. But it was fitting. Very fitting. Kye slightly rolled her eyes playing up her sarcasm. “So typical Donny. Where’s your creativity?” She gave a slightly teasing shake of her head. Donny’s mouth twisted in a smile as he nodded his head. Guess you’re out-of-this-world then? Kye flipped her ponytail then added with a wink. “Don’t you forget it.” She tried to keep a cocky way to herself after that comment, but she couldn’t help but breaking down and laughing.

Donny was fairly confident in his strange which was good. It meant that Kye breaking down laughing all good. He just continued to joke around. What a relief you’ve seen reason though! That way we’ll both be safe from secretive and intrusive experiments. Kye was trying to gasp for some air, she had been laughing too much. She put a hand to her stomach. Finally able to breath. “Oh my. I haven’t been able to laugh like that in awhile. I like you Donny. You’re a character.” She pointed a finger at him with a bright smile. Donny moved his hand behind his neck rubbing it with a slightly sheepish look upon his face. He then spoke.

Ahem— then was that all you wanted to ask me? Kye blinked at him. That really was all she had planned, but hey she started a conversation with him now, normally she wouldn’t leave so early. “Well. I don’t think I have any more pending questions, but upon you asking me that. I have thought of something else I am now curious about. You said you were working. What job do you have that you are able to just pick up your laptop and go outside to work? Like I’m an acrobat. I can pretty much be anywhere and work on my skills. But you could be doing pretty much anything on your computer.”

Kye nodded her head toward the computer that had been put to the side. She then crossed her legs so she was no longer in the splits. Maybe she was taking up too much time of the boy’s, but she was genuinely interested in getting to know this guy a bit better. He seemed like a fun person to be around.

<>

>
Donovan Urban
Donovan was a bit concerned that he was being overly friendly with this random stranger— it wasn’t as if that was an unusual thing for him to do, but more often than not, people didn’t like that. Kye didn’t mind, though, or that was how it seemed. She let out an amused giggle, her voice dripping with sarcasm when she finally spoke, “So typical Donny. Where’s your creativity?” His article had sapped whatever real creativity Donny had, but he just chuckled along, well aware that she was just messing with him. Her tone and her actions said it all. The laugher, the rolling eyes, the shaking head— it was playful stuff, nothing serious or harsh. Donny really deserved to be kicked out-of-this-world, for that joke, but Kye played along. That was rather refreshing.

The fiery haired girl tossed her ponytail to the side and winked at him. “Don’t you forget it.” She looked like she wanted to be serious, but that didn’t quite work for her as she started to bust up, gasping for air as she laughed with a hand against her stomach. Donny was almost sure that she was going to curl up in a ball of hysteria. When she finally caught her breath, Kye spoke again, “Oh my. I haven’t been able to laugh like that in awhile. I like you Donny. You’re a character.” Donny grinned as she pointed a finger at him. He liked to be liked— much better than the alternative. “I’m glad I could be of service then,” he mused. Donny thought he was relatively clever— maybe you would call it clever in the dumbest most ridiculous way possible, but still clever— he never really got reactions like that though.

A little piece of Donny hoped that wasn’t all she wanted to talk to him about, because frankly, he was enjoying your company. He liked to be around people, and clearly, Kye was a particularly intriguing individual, one who was letting Donny be wholly himself. That was a plus too! She blinked at him as she considered his question, and it seemed that there was something else she was wondering about. “You said you were working. What job do you have that you are able to just pick up your laptop and go outside to work?” Donny followed her gaze to his laptop where it sat beside them as she went on, “Like I’m an acrobat. I can pretty much be anywhere and work on my skills. But you could be doing pretty much anything on your computer.” Donovan pulled the computer over as Kye switched up her sitting position, then decided to use it as a prop of sorts to explain.

“I did say that, and I was,” he agreed, running his finger across the mousepad to wake the screen back up. Once it had booted up again, he gestured to the document that he had open on the screen. “I’m a travel writer,” he explained, “Basically, I travel the world finding the best things to do in each place and then I write about my experiences there with tips and suggestions for planning your own trip.” He scrolled up to the top of the page and pointed to the bolded title at the top. “This particular one is from my trip to Aruba. I only arrived back in New York about a week ago.” He stared fondly at his work with a slight curl of a smile. “The editor of the magazine that sent me there is expecting this piece by tomorrow night at the latest. As for why I’m outside—” Donny threw his arms out wide and gestures to the massive open space around them. “—how could I possibly stay cooped up inside on such a beautiful day?”

KYE A. MATEUS | 635 | LET'S VISIT ARUBA!
<>

>

NOTES:    TALK TO ME BABY, I LIKE TO LISTEN ONCE IN A WHILE

Donny had let Kye talk. And man could she talk. She was one of those people who could talk forever without really needing anyone to talk back to her. She would just go on as if the person was actually replying. Well in her defense Donny was reacting to what she was saying so he was at least listening and to her that was responsive enough. So she babbled on. And on, and on, and on. When she was finally done with her little ramble she ended it with a little bit of praise towards Donny. It was all the truth. She did like him. He was a good listener and he was easy going what more could someone ask for in a person. Oh and she couldn’t forget that he was funny too. Once the words left her lips, a finger was pointed at Donny which brought a smile to his lips. I’m glad I could be of service then.

Kye shook her head slightly. What a strange answer. It made it feel like their conversation was becoming finalized. It most likely would have been if Kye wasn’t so nosey. So so nosey. She was nosey and she wasn’t afraid to admit it or to pester people. Especially when the person she was pestering wasn’t going to mind all her pestering. Oh yet another reason to like Donny. Once Kye asked about what he did for work he went through the trouble to actually drag his computer over to show her what he did. I did say that, and I was. Kye nodded her head along to that comment. It would have felt a little sarcastic coming from someone else, however, from Donny it was definitely just agreement. He rubbed his finger along the mousepad waking the laptop up and Kye watched patiently.

Once the screen was alive Donny started to explain presenting the document that was open. I’m a travel writer. Basically, I travel the world finding the best things to do in each place and then I write about my experiences there with tips and suggestions for planning your own trip. Kye’s eyes went fairly stary when he said what he did. What a fun job that must be. The colorful girl may have been an acrobat, but the circus she performed for wasn’t a traveling circus. She actually hadn’t traveled much at all. Kye stayed quiet. She was really interested in his explanation. Her head fell into her hand as she watched Donny’s movements on the screen. He presented the bold on the article. This particular one is from my trip to Aruba. I only arrived back in New York about a week ago.

The funny thing about Donny’s actions was the light up in his face as he smiled looking at his work. It was really cute actually. Being proud of what you did was nice. Kye herself felt pride in what she did, she was glad that it wasn’t something she had to really explain or she’d be glowing and talking non stop like an idiot. Donny was doing much better than she would have. Kye continued to listen still saying nothing being totally immersed in the boy’s words. The editor of the magazine that sent me there is expecting this piece by tomorrow night at the latest. As for why I’m outside, how could I possibly stay cooped up inside on such a beautiful day?

His hands had thrown out in the air gesturing to the space around them. This lit up his face and Kye smiled at it. He was right. The day was absolutely beautiful. She herself hadn’t wanted to stay inside either. Kye closed her eyes taking in the sun and the sounds around the two of them. “You’re job sounds so fantastic,” There was a pause as the girl took a deep breath in then fell to the grass. Laying on the floor now she still didn’t open her eyes but she did look over to where Donny was sitting.

“Tell me about Aruba. I want to live vicariously through you.” A smile popped up onto her face as she opened her eyes, with a sparkle in her eyes she added. “I also agree about the beautiful day. I wouldn’t want to be in my shoebox of a house either. I mean I made it all the way to Manhattan just to enjoy the day.” Kye then put a hand to her ponytail literally letting her hair down. She focused on the sky looking at the clouds, waiting anxiously for Donny to tell her about his trip.

<>

>
Donovan Urban
Kye’s eyes practically shone like starlight as Donovan explained his life’s work. He didn’t know if it was really all the magical; travelling was great, but he’d really just turned on of his hobbies into his career. He supposed he was luckier than most in that sense. He did something he absolutely loved rather than slaving away at a job that made him loathe his very existence. Donny practically shivered at the very thought. The girl rested her head in her hands as she listened intently to Donny’s excited little spiel to display his current project to her. Kye gave him a small smile, and Donny returned it with one of his own. He usually didn’t talk about his work with many people— his travels, yes, but that was a bit different. It was nice for him to be able to speak about it with someone who was so enthusiastically interested in what he had to say. It left a warm fuzzy feeling in Donny’s chest— one that reflected outwardly as well.

Compared to Kye’s earlier inquiries, she was much quieter now, which was what drew Donny’s gaze away from his computer screen to see what she was doing now. She had her eyes closed and seemed to be in an almost ethereal meditative state as the sun beat down against her skin. “You’re job sounds so fantastic.” Donny chuckled lightly as Kye flopped back against the grasp, her eyes still closed. She took a deep breath, her head tilted in Donny’s direction. “It definitely has its perks,” he agreed, head bobbing in a nod. “Tell me about Aruba. I want to live vicariously through you.” He blue eyes twinkled, matching her smile, as they flashed open and she continued on, commenting on the lovely day in New York City. “I wouldn’t want to be in my shoebox of a house either. I mean I made it all the way to Manhattan just to enjoy the day,” she added.

After undoing her hair, Kye focused on the sky above them, though it was pretty clear that she was waiting for Donny to tell her about his trip. He was quiet for a moment before laying down beside her and beginning the tale. “I was only there for a few days, but you can really see and do a lot in a short time if you know what to look for. I spent a lot of time at the beaches— the sand, the surf—” He paused for a moment with a wide grin taking over his expression. “I don’t think I’ve ever seen water as crystal clear as it was there. Like a soft mellow green, absolutely breathtaking… and the white sand beaches? I could have sat at on the shore all day and have never been bored.” He shot a look over at Kye before asking a question of his own, “Hey, have you ever done any traveling yourself?” Kye certainly seemed like a kindred spirit to his own, Donny felt— at least in the sense that she seemed equally as adventurous. It wouldn’t surprise him if she had some captivating trips of her own.

KYE A. MATEUS | 526 | TOES IN THE WATER~
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply

skinned exclusively for TTW by lauz.