toggle cbox
members rules plot abilities faces canons wanteds who's who application shippers advertise cbox

welcome to tame the whispers! we are a disney spirit roleplay set in a parallel universe in new york city and its boroughs. please make sure to read our rules, plot, and all other pertinent information before you consider joining. when registering, please do so as FIRST M. LAST in all uppercase. our site's rating is 3•3•3 and we always ask for quality over quantity. if you have any questions, feel free to message a staff member!

Add Reply

TURNING A NEW LEAF, LUCY/THORA
Alice
twenty two
Dream Manipulation
florist
Bisexual
she/her

played by Adore34 posts • prefers she/her pronouns
You answer quite slowly A girl with kaleidoscope eyes
There it was again, that itch that claimed Lucy’s whole body and soul-- that need to address strangers and just-- converse at them. Saying at them instead of to them because most of the time they never talk back to her-- or if they had, it wasn’t in a kind manner. It’s just how the world was these days, not open for friendly conversation at random. People had things to do, places to be- so wrapped up in their own world that Lucy just didn’t fit into their daily schedule. Which is all well and fine, can’t expect everyone to be as open and chatty as she can be-- but this woman that the blonde had spotted for what seemed to be...who knows how many times before had been in her sights again.

This woman had been the definition of unnaturally beautiful, but in a twisted way-- she had been naturally beautiful because proven by her sheer existence and unique features. Never once has Lucy seen the woman smile and like a militant sent out on duty like it was her life calling...this fire cracker had tasked herself with the job of getting this person to smile. Maybe even drag her around for the day. Why Lucy thought any of this had been possible was ridiculous but what’s even more ridiculous is that Lucy had a knack for thinking up several scenarios that were impossible over breakfast. Elaborate things, too.

What’s the worst that could happen? Some harsh words? To be told off? What else was new. So in all her glory, Lucy gathered her smaller self compared to this woman marching right on up to her. ”Excuse me, Hi-- my name’s Lucy and I’ve seen you around before. You might remember me from our last run in-- I SWEAR i’m not stalking you or anything but...you just looked like you could use a smile. Which leads me to my next question-- Have you ever been to the Botanics Garden over in Brooklyn? If not you should come and tag along, I’m headed there now.”

NAILED IT! NOT Awkward at all Lucy, NOT AT ALL. Except...okay maybe-- for the other party, but who cares right? It’s all about putting yourself out there! Come to think about it...who does this type of stuff? One of these days Lucy...you’ll find yourself in a heap of trouble.
words: 394 tags; THORA E. GIRISA
Cloudjumper
forty- two
Aero-Telekinesis
Floor Manager
Asexual
She/her

played by Night20 posts • prefers She/her pronouns
Well to admit it Thora were not sure if she liked having a day off, she liked to have a system and merely follow it as she could get restless and bored and her mind might wander in directions she did not want it to go. She chastised herself, Jack were right and she needed some time off as her hair had steadily easily gotten red over a period of time and that were not good for anyone. So on a whim and to avoid herself hiding in her den she had decided to go out and pretend to be a tourist and perhaps either find unknown information about Bronx or perhaps travel to one of the other parts of New York. She found a stand filled with different leaflets and grabbed a few of them, most of them were discarded fast for different reasons but the Brooklyn botanic garden got her attention, seemed peaceful enough and perhaps she would be able to walk around there without having to communicate to much with others when someone decided to walk up to her and started talking.

After blinking a few times and making sure she heard right, this youngling wanted to make her smile? Why? She did not look that serious did she? After a minute of being slightly flabbergasted Thora turned her attention back to Lucy and felt for a minute torn about that to do. A part of her wanted to be alone but Lucy looked cute and she felt her hesitance start to melt away and by the look in Lucy’s eyes she was going to drag Thora with her even if she wanted to or not so perhaps just as well to give in before making a fool of herself.

“I’m Thora and no I have not been there before. It would be nice with some company. Lead the way.”

Well a tiny white lie there but she had not the heart to turn Lucy down, if anyone got to know about her seemingly weakness they would make fun of her surely.
Alice
twenty two
Dream Manipulation
florist
Bisexual
she/her

played by Adore34 posts • prefers she/her pronouns
You answer quite slowly A girl with kaleidoscope eyes
Lucy would never know the real drive behind her behavior most days, but if she could get someone to smile or even enjoy their day to some degree...she didn’t care. It was worth the ‘odd’ behavior. A lot of people both from the city or just seemingly visiting as a tourist often wore such hard, serious, stressed out expressions. Whether they wear these expressions intentionally or unintentionally, the blonde girl wanted to crack them open and loosen them up as everyone deserved to smile-- even if they claimed they didn’t want to. Of course not everyone has to smile because not everyone is friendly or the type to do so...but it never hurt to be that person to try. Noticing that perhaps she may have stunned the woman, Lucy had been quick to give a smile over her own followed with a soft apology.

”Sorry if I’m imposing, I just couldn’t help myself.” Still-- Lucy had been unmoving at the moment standing there as she waited to see what the verdict might be. In her eyes-- despite having run into this woman, she seemed...new to certain experiences and Lucy truly believed everyone should at least experience the botanical gardens at least once in their lives. Judging by all the pamphlets in this woman’s hands, Lucy felt secure enough to assume that one hadn’t done much venturing of the city often. Suppose not everyone had the time to do so as that awful New York minute could do that to a person.

Thora! Her name is Thora! It appears that her unwavering nerve and silent persistency had won the woman over whom had a lovely name in Lucy’s book. Great looks too, in fact. She had to wonder if the woman ever worked on a run way with how tall and sharp her body looked-- Thora could easily rock business suit attire if she so desired, at least...that’s what the blonde haired blue eyed girl thought. Raising on to the balls of her feet with her own smile spreading, Lucy had been exceptionally excited that her invite thrown to the wind had been accepted!

”Oh good! You’re going to enjoy it, I swear on the cities best cup of coffee you will.” With a slight wiggle of her body to emphasize her excitement a little more, Lucy was soon on the go leading the woman along at a pace they could both comfortably keep up with one another. From the Bronx to Brooklyn the pair had traveled, their destination at the gardens awaiting them. ”So Thora, what flower do you like most?” Lucy asked to keep conversation lively. Of course there had been a reason behind her question, a reason that would shortly be found out upon obtaining an answer. If not, that was fine-- Lucy would have no issue filling in the silence with any kind of conversation. Quite the howdy-doo bird, isn’t she?
words: 490 tags; THORA E. GIRISA

I moved both of our characters along from The Bronx to Brooklyn, hope that's okay! If not-- let me know and I will adjust the post accordingly to eliminate that element from the post! <3
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply

skinned exclusively for TTW by lauz.