toggle cbox
members rules plot abilities faces canons wanteds who's who application shippers advertise cbox

welcome to tame the whispers! we are an animation personified roleplay set in new york city and its boroughs. an entity known as the void swept through the animated world of ioyipia, the world which had been home to all of of our well known and beloved characters. the void destroyed everything in its path, some escaped and others were killed, but all found themselves right here in new york city. their abilities, some latent while in their last lives, others well known, are beginning to surface and those characters who remember ioyipia and who they were are starting to notice strange things going on. has the void returned? is it coming for them all over again? find out! when registering, please do so as FIRST M. LAST in all uppercase. our site's rating is 3•3•3 and we always ask for quality over quantity. as always, if you have any questions, feel free to message a staff member!

Add Reply

Those of the Skeleton Clique, tagged: Kizzy
<>

played by 0 posts • prefers pronouns
>
all my friends are
heathens
It sucked when you had all your memories from your former life and you couldn’t share it with anyone. Tate didn’t know how Kizzy had dealt with it when she was on her own. Even now, he felt that burden because he couldn’t exactly go and tell Mikey or Lalita about all the things he knew. It would be too much all at once. Not to mention they might not believe him. He couldn’t tell Jack anything that he knew either because the once Pumpkin King only had bits and pieces of memories. Which was sad considering who he had been in their former life. Infamous. At least Tate and Kizzy had each other though and the two of them could lament being the only ones thus far to remember who they had been back in Halloween Town when the Void had come through and destroyed everything. Admittedly, Tate was surprised he had all of his memories intact considering he had been reborn in this world. They hadn’t always been there. It was only within the last few years that all the pieces had begun to fit together. Things made more sense in his life and he now knew the comic characters he had been drawing and forming stories for since he was a kid were actually real. They had been different once upon a time but their spirits had remained the same.

And Tate knew that one of the biggest secrets Kizzy was keeping from Jack was Sally. Jack didn’t remember her. Not yet. Kizzy had become some sort of keeper for the guy, scaring off women left in right in the hopes that Sally was going to swoop into town and once more become Jack’s soulmate. Tate; however, was less inclined to believe it was going to be so easy. They had been in this city for years and there had been no sign of her. As far as he knew, Sally had been swept up in the Void the same as the rest of them, including Jack. While Tate knew that Kizzy’s motive was a pure one he couldn’t help but feel a little bad for Jack. Human interaction was something most people desired, a companion and someone to share things with especially when it was intimate. Sure, Jack had all of them to be with and they were all close friends, but they couldn’t fulfill every part of his life. He had been hanging around the bar the last time Kizzy had tossed some girl out of Jack’s apartment. The girl had stormed out of the bar, less than thrilled with what had happened. No doubt Kizzy had made sure this chick was never coming back.

Today, he knew Kizzy was going to be at her job and while it was too early for the club to be open she would be there preparing for the night. In one hand he had two very large slushies and in the other his cell phone he could shoot her a quick text to let her know he was coming. The backpack he wore was loaded with his usual art supplies in case he got inspired, along with a hoodie, earbuds, and a bag of Kizzy’s favorite snack; pumpkin seeds. He reached the club only a few moments after the text message had been sent and he went around the back to slip into the stock area and dressing rooms. ”Hey, I got stuff for you,” Tate called as he entered the door she had unlocked for him. He used a foot to close the door behind him before setting the cup holder containing the slushies on a nearby table. Tate’s backpack was set down next and he riffled through it to dig out the bag of pumpkin seeds. The next thing he did was perch himself on the edge of said table with one of the slushies and sucked the frozen drink up through the straw as he waited for Kizzy to appear.

Tate had every intention of bringing up the fact Kizzy kept tossing women out of Jack’s life. Though he knew it wasn’t his business he was curious to know what was going to happen if Sally never showed up.

Zero
thirty two
Intangibility
Cabaret Performer
Pansexual
she/her

played by zee33 posts • prefers she/her pronouns
leave that old record spinnin'
875 words && TATE M. KINCAID
Kizzy rubbed her hands over her face roughly, thanking whatever god there may or may not be, that she'd opted to not wear makeup today. Actually, she was grateful she'd dressed down entirely. She wore a pair of jeans and a simple black t-shirt with a pair of gym shoes. it was as dressed down as Kizzy Panning got. Her white blonde hair was pulled back into a pony tail and it was quite startling to see her without the glitter, the makeup, and everything that made Kizzy herself. If she'd worn her usual dresses and skirts, her usual heels, she'd likely have fallen on her face by now. Which would have only added to her agitation.

The day had started off horribly and while she'd tried to convince herself it would only get better, it hadn't. It had only gotten worse. She'd overslept and hadn't been at Albatraoz to meet the man who was delivering and setting up the new oven in the kitchen. It had been out of commission for two weeks now and that meant no hot food could be served - something that was sorely missed. The customers were missing it and the club was missing the money that came from it. It wasn't lost upon her that perhaps Bartholomew, the actual owner of Albatraoz, should be the one to meet the oven, but he was hard to track down on a regular basis - let alone when he was absolutely needed.

She'd spent an hour on the phone trying to convince them to return with the oven later that day and she'd had to pay extra to get it done, but they'd showed up around two and the oven was now safely secure and working in the kitchen for tonight's performances. Just when Kizzy had thought she could take a breath, the two main spotlights went out. It had taken everything in her to not scream out in frustration, to not lose her cool, especially when their handy man decided it wasn't in his job description to climb up onto the catwalk and work his burly self over to the lights to replace the bulbs. Which meant she had to do it.

Which was where she currently was. Kneeling down on the too narrow and perhaps too thin board that hung hundreds of feet above the tables and seating below. Kizzy forced herself to not look down as she switched out the last light bulb, keeping her balance with some kind of practiced ease. Her heart beat rapidly as she pushed herself up, swaying slightly with the structure, and started the gentle walk back to the rafters so she could take the much safer stairs back to the main floor. To say her patience was nonexistent would be an understatement. Kizzy's feet landed firmly on the floor and she tossed the burnt out bulbs at Ralph without a word or a backward glance to see if he caught them. She was tired of having to fix everything, to manage everything.

Her phone buzzed in her back pocket as she made her way through the winding corridors of the backstage area toward the dressing rooms and the main office. Tate's name was on the screen and she unlocked it to read his message. Kizzy let out a slow breath. It would be good to see him, to talk to him. He was the only other person in their group who really remembered. Jack had bits and pieces of his memory and Kizzy tried desperately to keep those other bits and pieces from slamming into him, making him go a bit crazy as it had done her. There wasn't anyone else she could truly talk to about it all at first. Then there was Tate and it was as if this heavy burden left her chest enough for her to breathe again. She never let anyone in on how twisted up she was, but she came the closest whenever she and Tate talked about home.

Kizzy passed the back entrance and flipped the lock open as she went, heading toward the main dressing room and into the closet where she could pick out her costume for later that night. It was mere moments later when Tate's voice reached her ears. She took a second to peruse a couple of dresses, unsure of which she preferred, and then opted to just go with both before leaving the closet and spotting Tate sitting on the edge of a table, a slushie in hand. Her face, which hadn't lit up at all that day, broke into a bright smile and she draped the dresses over the back of a chair before practically hopping to where Tate sat. She picked up the second slushie and hummed in delight, her eyes landing on the pumpkin seeds and then her gaze narrowing as she lifted it to look her friend in the eyes. "Are you buttering me up for something?" She arched an eyebrow and sipped the glorious drink of pure sugar and ice, waiting for his answer. It was possible he'd just thought of her, wanted to talk to her, but Kizzy could spot a possible bribe from a mile away. After all, she was the queen of them.

<>

>
all my friends are
heathens
When Kizzy had finally joined him, Tate had just gotten done texting Mikey and Lalita to let them know he was entering into the lion’s den, though they didn’t know why. He had joked with them, told them that if they didn’t hear from him within a few hours to call the police because he might possibly be dead. He turned his phone off and slipped it back into his pocket as the white haired woman took the second slushie and then eyeballed him after noticing the pumpkin seeds. ”What? No, of course not. Why would I do that?” he exclaimed, pretending to be offended by the very notion. Was he buttering her up? A little. But for the most part Tate didn’t mind doing things for people or bringing them things. Though he knew that the conversation he was about to bring up wasn’t going to please Kizzy. He understood her protectiveness. Hell, he totally empathized with the fact she was trying to make sure Jack didn’t end up hurt or something, but at the same time there was no guarantee that they would ever see Sally again. In a sense, Tate only half understood why seeing Jack with other women was so annoying because he had never been as close with Sally as Kizzy had been. Tate was also a terrible liar and he knew that Kizzy could likely see right through that.

The slushie in his cup was half gone and he blew out a breath. The table he sat on made it so his feet didn’t touch the ground, which wasn’t hard considering he was all of 5’5”, so his ankles were crossed and they swung back and forth. Tate wasn’t sure the best way to start this conversation without beating around the bush. Jack hadn’t asked him to talk to Kizzy, hadn’t mentioned anything at all about it, but he had seen the angry woman who had come through the bar. It wasn’t only Jack he was concerned about, but Kizzy as well. She spent so much time and energy chasing away potential girlfriends that he worried if Sally never showed up it would be more hard on her than Jack. Jack didn’t even remember who Sally was, which was good because at least he couldn’t miss her. ”So...noticed you chased out another girl the other day,” he said casually, a slight grin on his features as he canted his head to gauge Kizzy’s reaction. ”What number was this? 12? 15?” He had quite literally lost count. It was amazing that Jack wasn’t a ball of sexual frustration since he obviously wasn’t getting any play anymore.

Setting the slushie aside, Tate curled his hands around the edges of the table and leaned forward a bit. ”I know it’s none of my business, but why are you so intent on making sure Jack doesn’t date anyone? I know you think Sally is going to show up and I’m not saying that she won’t because I hope she does...but...what if she doesn’t?” he asked. Nerves twisted in his stomach because he knew this was likely going to make Kizzy mad. Tate didn’t share her complete faith in Sally showing up to woo Jack once more. ”What if she never shows up? Shouldn’t Jack be allowed to find happiness elsewhere?” He didn’t believe Kizzy was trying to be malevolent. Never. Tate just thought she might not see the big picture in the long run.

Zero
thirty two
Intangibility
Cabaret Performer
Pansexual
she/her

873 words && TATE M. KINCAID
She didn't know why he would, but Kizzy would place good money that there was some kind of buttering going on here. Regardless, she wouldn't let the fact that he might have an ulterior motive stop her from enjoying the treats he brought her. She snatched up the small pack of pumpkin seeds and sipped on the slushie with a small hum of happiness. Kizzy could live off sugar and pumpkin seeds. She didn't miss the irony in the fact that her favorite snack was roasted pumpkin seeds, but she always got a fun little chuckle out of it. It definitely wasn't something that she enjoyed as a little ghost dog. Actually, she didn't much enjoy food as a ghost dog. So there was one thing being corporeal and alive had going for it.

Kizzy sighed in understanding at Tate's question. That was what this was going to be about. The pumpkin seeds were a way to get her buttered. There wasn't a sense of disappointment in her chest, because she figured where this conversation was going would only be in the best interest of someone they both cared about. Even if Kizzy wasn't a fan of what she was pretty certain Tate's stance on the entire situation would be. She said nothing as she sat on the concrete floor, her legs crossed and tucked underneath her. She balanced her slushie on her knee and opened the bag of pumpkin seeds, not looking up at Tate. "14," was the only thing she said in response to his first question. There was no pride in her tone, just fact. She wasn't proud that she kept pushing away whatever chance of happiness Jack might have. It just had to be that way because there were bigger things that he didn't know about.

She got the bag of seeds open and picked through them as she listened to Tate talk, leveling at her the same thoughts she had in her head all the time - on a loop. What if Sally didn't show up? Was she really going to continue to do this for the rest of their lives? No. The answer was no. She wouldn't. If Jackson found someone who truly made him happy - someone he would actively fight to see - then Kizzy would back off. As it was... he hadn't put up much of a fight yet and so Kizzy firmly believed that there wasn't someone else out there yet and until that time happened... she'd continue to run the not-Sallys off. There weren't many people she could talk to about this with. Actually, Tate was the only one. Yet he couldn't ever fully understand her motives, either, and she knew that.

Kizzy popped a few seeds into her mouth and chewed them up, letting a silence settle around them and still refusing to look at Tate. It wasn't that she was ignoring or avoiding the question. She was just trying to figure out how to respond without seeming... desperate about the entire situation. After a sip of her slushie, Kizzy looked up at her friend. They weren't close like she and Jack were, but they were friends and while she probably couldn't tell someone one simple fact about Tate - like his favorite color - she could probably root somewhere in her memories of Halloween Town and find a good memory that had him in it. It was a strange world they lived in, a strange ordeal they went through, and the two of them were the only ones amongst their group that remembered most if not all of it.

"I've never been in love, you know," Kizzy finally started to answer, knowing that the way she would answer would serve to confuse him, but hoping he'd just sit there and wait for her to get to the meat of her response. "I mean... I'm pretty certain the closest I've ever gotten to love is how I felt about my ball back home. But there's a part of me that thinks that real love, true love, is meant for only one person in your life. That person for Jack is Sally. Which means she's going to show up one day." There was a bit of a hopeless romantic deep in her bones and Kizzy both loved and hated it. Loved it because it was a beautiful thing to be so optimistic. Hated it because it made her so unbearably lonely sometimes. She popped a few more seeds in her mouth and chewed, thinking for another second or so. "Jack deserves the best kind of happiness. And if he finds that happiness - really, truly, finds it... then he'll fight for it. He'll do more than shake his head at me and give me that 'really, Kizz?' look. Because when he finds that true love... it'll be worth the fight. And when he actually starts that fight with me, I'll back off. Even if she's Not Sally." Kizzy looked up at Tate, her light gaze almost translucent as she studied him. "It makes me a crummy best friend, I know. Please don't remind me." It was a battle she had with herself constantly. Jack deserved better as a friend and she knew it. She just never expressed it.

<>

>
all my friends are
heathens
Tate had actually been exaggerating when he’d tossed those numbers out and when Kizzy confirmed that she had chased off 14 girls his eyes widened. ”Jesus, I didn’t actually think it was that many. I was trying to be sarcastic.” Well, guess he had been a lot closer in his guess than he had realized.

Kizzy wasn’t looking at him from her spot on the floor and Tate felt bad about the fact he’d made her feel bad. That hadn’t been his intention at all. What his intention had been was to find out what it was that made this woman tick. Why she had made it her mission to make sure Jack stayed single in the event Sally came along. Later on, he would have to bring her treats without an ulterior motive so Kizzy didn’t think Tate only came around with gifts when he wanted something from her or was buttering her up for fuckery. It wasn’t like he thought she was going out of her way to be mean or anything but he also didn’t want to see something like this create tension between her and Jack. So he grabbed his slushie off the table he’d been sitting on and slid to the floor to sit across from her as she started talking about love. It almost made him want to cringe, honestly. So many years he had spent with Mikey and Lalita, poking fun at grossly happy couples and throwing popcorn at cheesy romcoms at the discount theatre a few blocks from their neighborhood in Queens.

But things had changed recently and while Tate could commiserate in the fact that he didn’t know what real, true love was like, he was hoping to get the chance to find out. No one knew he and Mikey were romantically involved because they’d wanted to keep it to themselves for awhile. It was a strange feeling at best and one the kid didn’t quite know how to navigate at this point. Kizzy came down to her point and Tate opened his mouth to respond but then closed it just as quickly. Her point was actually far more relevant than he realized. She wasn’t wrong. If Jack had truly found someone that he was in love with (or wanted the chance to find out) he would have told Kizzy to back off. Jack wasn’t a weak person by any means. He certainly wasn’t easily pushed around either. ”I...can’t even argue that point,” he admitted. ”And for the record I don’t think you’re a crummy friend. A little misguided maybe but not crummy. You’re just doing what you think is right because you love Jack. There’s no shame in that.” Tate offered her a smile.

Setting the slushie aside, Tate shifted his body to the side so he could stretch his legs out in front of him, crossed at the ankles, and leaned back on his palms. He tilted his head back, brightly colored hair a mess though he didn’t care. This month’s color of choice was purple. ”So what are you gonna do if one of the girls Jack’s interested in works for him?” he asked. Not that he suspected anything though he had caught the new girl looking all googly-eyed at Jack. She seemed young though. Younger than Jack usually went for so he didn’t think there was anything going on but it did leave him curious. A sense of What Would Kizzy Do?

KIZZY M. PANNING
Zero
thirty two
Intangibility
Cabaret Performer
Pansexual
she/her

710 words && TATE M. KINCAID
She wished she was being sarcastic. Kizzy understood it was a horrible thing to be doing to her best friend. She agonized over it. She figured it would be easier - for Jack and her own conscious - if she just told the Pumpkin King what the hell she was doing every time she ran out one of the Not-Sallys but she couldn't. His memories of Halloween Town were for him to discover, not for Kizzy to spill. She wanted him to come to those memories of his own accord. She didn't want him wondering if what she was telling him was the entire truth or not. Not that Kizzy would ever outright lie to him. Lying by omission was one thing. Lying to cover up was something else entirely. And definitely not an action Kizzy was willing to carry out. Not with Jackson.

Tate sat beside her and she didn't look up at him as he spoke. She did nod, however, when he admitted he couldn't argue with her point. She knew it was a solid argument on her end. It was how she justified her actions and it was less of a justification and more of an understanding of why she did what she did. If Jack ever truly told her to back off, Kizzy would do it in a heartbeat. She loved Jackson. He was her best friend through everything. She didn't want him hurt or truly unhappy. If he found someone who made his heart sing, she'd leave it alone. But he hadn't yet and so she kept holding out hope for Sally and if she did show up after Jackson found that heart filled love... then they'd have to worry about a messy love triangle that Kizzy would likely try to resolve. She couldn't help trying to fix things.

At least one of her friends didn't think she was crummy, even if she told herself that she was continuously. It was more of a battle in her own head than anything else. After a while it was starting to wear her down, too. Kizzy slipped a pumpkin seed into her mouth and munched on it as Tate continued talking. It was a nice affirmation that he didn't think she was a bad friend and that he understood what she did was out of love for Jack. If only she could make herself truly see it that way. Part of her could, but she was still working on the other half. Kizzy sipped the slushie and finally glanced up at him when he asked his next question. She raised her eyebrows because if anyone were to be a possible Not Sally for Jack from Mister Unlucky's it was Ivy. But she doubted that was something that could be confirmed.

"Then he's gonna have to clean up his own mess when it becomes a problem. Dating someone from work never ends well." She didn't really speak from experience as Kizzy hadn't ever truly dated someone, but she'd known enough people who had. Hell, she had to fire two performers because they'd started dating and then it became a problem between the two of them when they broke up. It had broken her heart because they were so good, but... she hadn't any choice. It was making things awkward and tense around the place. If Jackson wanted to have a relationship with someone he employed, that was his prerogative and Kizzy would let it happen with the best hope in her heart that it worked out. If it didn't, though... she knew it would be bad.

Kizzy let out a slow breath, making sure not to blow weird bubbles into her slushie, not wanting the sticky substance to go everywhere. "Think I should stop? Leave him be? I don't know if I can, but I could sure try. I just know it'll be a mess if he falls for someone else and then Sally shows up. I can't even handle one of my friends being truly heart broken. Two of them? That would be..." She shook her head. She couldn't even find a word that adequately describe how it would feel to watch both Jack and Sally be miserable over each other. There'd been enough misery in their lives already.

<>

>
all my friends are
heathens
Tate had to suppress a snort that threatened to leave him when Kizzy mentioned she would try not to meddle in Jack’s lovelife. That was no small task for a woman who had since dedicated her life to making sure the guy remained celibate for however many years to come. Kizzy didn’t seem altogether suspicious of anyone that might be looking to earn Jack’s affections either. Tate imagined that Ivy wasn’t likely to get to him on her age alone. In fact, he’d be quite surprised if that were the case. And he wasn’t exactly going to tell the woman next to him he thought she needed to back off. That would likely not go over well and he hadn’t come here to compromise his friendship with Kizzy.

”I don’t know that I would say that,” he shrugged. ”Maybe not so much back off but perhaps be a bit more subtle about it? He might not even realize you’re warding off the not-Sally’s that way.” Tate knew that wasn’t really Kizzy’s style though but he certainly didn’t want to watch them get to a point where they were mad at each other. He didn’t imagine Jack hadn’t become good at dodging Kizzy if there was a girl he really wanted to hang out with either. The dance they were part of could be amusing. So far Jack hadn’t gotten well and truly angry at Kizzy and Tate wondered if because, on some subconscious level, he was waiting for Sally as well. That was probably why he hadn’t been in a long term relationship with anyone. Something most people found odd because Jack, even if he did look a bit intimidating, was kind and good looking to boot. He’d never mentioned wanting to live an eternal single life either.

With his arms having grown tired from propping him up in this position, Tate shifted so he was sitting criss cross on the floor now. He grabbed the junk food he’d brought for himself along with Kizzy’s pumpkin seeds and dug through the bag. ”I think you could also do with a little faith in Jack. When Sally comes along, he’ll know what the right move is. It’ll hit him like a ton of bricks, I’m sure.” Tate didn’t doubt that for a second. Just like Kizzy, he believed Jack and Sally were meant to be together but they could no more control fate here than they could in Halloween Town. It was a waiting game. Kizzy wasn’t the most patient person he’d ever met either.

Tate popped some of the M&Ms into his mouth and swallowed them before he turned the conversation around a bit. ”So much time spent making sure Jack is single for when Sally shows up doesn’t leave you much time for your own, does it?” he asked, a grin in place. He didn’t ever remember a time when Kizzy had brought a boyfriend around.

KIZZY M. PANNING
Zero
thirty two
Intangibility
Cabaret Performer
Pansexual
she/her

476 words && TATE M. KINCAID
Subtle was not Kizzy. It wasn't part of who she was. Even in Halloween Town when she couldn't do much more than bark and float around after a ball. Subtlety wasn't something she'd ever had practice in. She'd just started to learn how to go about having some semblance of patience, subtlety might be a bit much to ask of her right now. Though she knew Tate was right. She hated when he was right. Which happened to be fairly often. Kizzy just liked to convince herself that it wasn't all that often and that it wasn't indicative of whether or not she should listen to him more. Because the truth was... if Kizzy listened to Tate more, things wouldn't go the way she wanted them to go and Kizzy wasn't fond of not getting her way lately. Perhaps she was becoming more and more self centered or selfish, but whatever the case she was growing more and more frustrated with herself.

Faith in Jack, however. That was something that Kizzy could have. She believed in Jack more than she believed in anyone else in her life. Even herself. It was her unending loyalty that seemed to transfer over from Halloween Town that made this a thing. She believed in Jack because he was her best friend, he was... Kizzy wasn't sure how to explain Jack. Or explain how she would do anything for him. Perhaps she needed to put space between herself and her best friend. Stop letting their lives be so intwined with the other. Actually, it wasn't like his life was intwined with hers, but she was rather wound up in his. It was keeping her from living her own, being her own person, finding her own love. Kizzy thought about it often enough and she hated how it made her feel. So she never spoke of it.

Except Tate seemed to be thinking the exact same thing because his next statement focused on precisely that. Kizzy closed her eyes and took a deep breath before sifting through the pumpkin seeds to find the 'perfect one' and prolong answering Tate's question. She didn't know how to go about responding to that. It made her chest tighten at the mere thought of it because she wasn't quite sure where the conversation would lead or if it could lead anywhere. She brushed a long strand of hair out of her eyes and then glanced up at her friend. "In order for me to be able to focus on anything, there has to be something worth focusing on and there's not. No interest in Kizzy from anyone. Even if I have interest in them. Not that I do because, well, I don't really get out and do much around here anymore. Work, mostly." She'd have to go out to meet someone and she didn't do that.

<>

>
all my friends are
heathens
The conversation seemed to have come to an impasse and Tate was looking down into his slushie cup, moving the straw through the icy mixture for lack of anything better to do with his hands. He understood why Kizzy was worried. He really did. The prospect that Sally could show up at any time and if Jack was already in a relationship it could get messy. But he also was just sappy and romantic enough to believe that if people were really meant to be together then they would find a way to each other. Not that he would ever admit that to anyone. Their friend hadn’t found anyone who had stuck in 30 years so it seemed pretty obvious to him that he was waiting for someone as well. He and Jack had never really had a conversation about it though because it was awkward to ask those sorts of questions. Alas, he did think that if Kizzy had anyone to worry about the it was the new bartender Jack had hired. Not only did she seem interested but she was very cute.

”Come on,” Tate snorted. ”You can’t tell me there isn’t anyone that would be interested in dating you. This is a city of six million people.” It wasn’t possible that in a city of so many people that there wasn’t anyone eligible to date. Granted, Kizzy went on to explain that she wasn’t looking to date either which made all the difference. ”Is it you’re not looking at the moment or you’re not looking period?” He canted his head to the side as he watched her expression. Yeah, Kizzy might work a lot but there were plenty of people who had crazy schedules. ”Maybe you should try speed dating,” he suggested with a grin.

Tate popped the top off of his cup and used the curved end of the straw to scoop up the icy and shove it into his mouth. ”I’d probably stay away from things like Tinder unless all you’re looking for is a booty call.” He’d been there, done that. People didn’t seem to be actually looking for long term or serious. Which was fine if all you wanted was someone to be your cuddle buddy. He’d had fun with the app until recently when he decided the only person he really wanted in his life just happened to be his best friend and his roommate. Tate had stupidly agreed to keep his new relationship with Mikey to himself which he hated.

KIZZY M. PANNING
Zero
thirty two
Intangibility
Cabaret Performer
Pansexual
she/her

481 words && TATE M. KINCAID
The topic of Kizzy's love life always put her into a funk and considering the previous topic had already done that substantially, it was more than worse that the topic was the immediate follow up. She focused on the slushie in her hands, the slushie that was mostly melted by now because of how much she was stirring it. She lifted it to her lips, though, as Tate spoke – listening to his words because she always listened. Whether or not she retained anything that applied to her was a different story all together. But she'd listen and she'd let him know she was listening. That's all she really could do.

Tate brought up Tinder and booty calls and Kizzy let out a laugh, trying desperately to keep the slushie inside of her mouth instead of spraying it everywhere. "Mm, no. I don't think I'll go that route. Or speed dating for that matter. My already hyperactive personality might just make that worse." She knew she answered the last part first, because she wasn't sure how to tackle the first part. The question should be simple: was she not looking at all or right now? But the fact of the matter was that she wasn't not looking, it was that someone wasn't looking for her and unless someone came out of nowhere… it wasn't likely that she'd find a reason to focus on something other than Albatraoz. It was a pathetic excuse for an existence and she knew it, but she just didn't know how to go about doing something such as dating.

Exhaling slowly, Kizzy looked up at her friend and tried to mask the somewhat sadness in her grey eyes. She was always so happy, sadness didn't exist in Kizzy. Or, at least, that's what she made sure everyone thought. "I'm a ghost of a girl, Tate. Actually, if you want to be technical, I'm a ghost of a dog – which doesn't really make things much better. Relationships are weird for me. Dating is weird. I wouldn't even know where to start. Am I looking? Not actively. Am I not looking? Again, not actively. But who – in their right mind – is going to go after me when I'm…" Always hiding in the shadows, she thought. But that wasn't necessarily true. She was in the spotlight a lot. Her job depended on it. But… she felt like she was in the shadows. The background when it came to life.

Deciding she no longer wanted her lack of a love life to be the topic of conversation, Kizzy took a long drink of her slushie and then turned it around on her friend: "How about you? Any love on the horizon?" Her eyebrow arched at him and she gave him a smile, genuinely interested. And if it took them away from the topic of her – the better.

<>

>
all my friends are
heathens
Tate really thought Kizzy was being too hard on herself. Yes, they had been really different people in the life before the Void, but that was in the past. For him, it had no bearing on his life in the here and now. Having the knowledge he did of Halloween Town and its residents, and the fact he’d been a mischievous child, did little to disconcert him. It was just something he dealt with. So she had been a ghostly dog in the past life. In this life she was human and very much alive. Yeah, she had a strange ability but so did he. So did Jack. So did a lot of the people they knew. He could understand why dating someone who was a normal human could be distressing because not everyone was going to understand the person they were dating having a supernatural power. Tate got that. But it just meant working a little harder to weed through the idiots and find the right one. He didn’t really have that problem. Tate knew exactly who he loved and who it was he wanted to be with. So when Kizzy asked, he merely gave a small smile and a shrug.

”I might have someone in my life but it’s still too early to tell,” he replied. Tate and Mikey had agreed they would keep their relationship low key until the latter was ready for it to be announced. As much as Tate respected that, it was growing harder and harder to keep to himself. The two of them had been friends for so long that he doubted anyone would be surprised by the fact. Mostly, neither of them wanted Shock to feel like a third wheel. Tate wanted their friend to be happy for them. Unfortunately, he wasn’t at liberty to give Kizzy too many answers. That was alright. He didn’t mind being mysterious for the moment.

Tate reached the end of his slushie, signaled by the slurping sound the straw made, and he got up from the floor to toss the cup away. ”I gotta go, Kiz. Gotta be to work in an hour and you know it’s probably going to take me that long just to get there,” he laughed. ”I’ll catch you around the bar, yeah?” Tate bent down to gather the rest of his things, slinging his bag over his shoulder, and offering a wave to his friend.

He left the club with some new thoughts. Mostly, he wanted to figure out if his hunch about Jack’s new bartender were true. Maybe the girl was actually Sally. Who knew? Strange things had happened to them.

KIZZY M. PANNING
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply

skinned exclusively for TTW by lauz.